• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wear BLACK to the Wisconsin Game

Wear what you want. Be the best or worst fan you want. What color you wear doesn't matter. I will be wearing red in the sea of red. If it has black in it I won't care. If it starts to rain, I will be wearing black, because that is the color of my rain jacket.:nod:

In 2013 Nebraska wore Black as the jersey color:

BNnFXWGCAAAifq_.jpg

In 2015, against Northwestern, Nebraska again donned black as the primary uniform color:

2.jpg

This season, the student section wants to black out the stadium, and people on here are arguing that we are RED? Nebraska is actually Scarlet & Cream, so, the team color is not red.......:Banana::Catfight::Mfclap:

If you are going to the game, wear black, for one game, be loud, support the team, then wear red or white for the rest of the year. Hell, for the rest of the season wear whatever color tickles your fancy when watching the game. But for one game, be different, the sun will still come up tomorrow.

I am a long time fan who supports the tradition which is part of our Husker history. For all of you who want to wear black, go to some bar and watch on tv what it means to be a real Big Red fan in Memorial Stadium. Anyone recall the ridiculing the fan base received in the National media the last time you all wore black to a game? Wearing black is ridiculous.

Lol, telling NU fans to go to a bar of they want to wear black. Like only true NU fans wear red. And no, you are not part of the NU program so saying "we" is silly. But I was trying to joke with you, hence the smiley, but since you got all serious I shall too. It is not about you, it is about the students and the student athletes.

C

Last edited:

Lol, telling NU fans to go to a bar of they want to wear black. Like only true NU fans wear red. And no, you are not part of the NU program so saying "we" is silly. But I was trying to joke with you, hence the smiley, but since you got all serious I shall too. It is not about you, it is about the students and the student athletes.

C
Yes, I am part of the program. Have been since 1970.

I am a long time fan who supports the tradition which is part of our Husker history. For all of you who want to wear black, go to some bar and watch on tv what it means to be a real Big Red fan in Memorial Stadium. Anyone recall the ridiculing the fan base received in the National media the last time you all wore black to a game? Wearing black is ridiculous.
Wow, so much condescension AND ignorance, in just a few words.

You are correct. It is my opinion. And, I am right.
We are red. Not wrong. End of conversation.
You are a legend in your own mind. Just have to say this, because so many of you don't seem to realize that yes, Huskers where Red and White, but guess what, so too, does Wisconsin. In fact, their colors are EXACTLY like NEBRASKA's colors, which means that on TV or, even in the stands, unless you get a close up of the shirts that people are wearing, you'll not know which is which. So, for this one game, We black the stadium out. Your welcome.

You are a legend in your own mind. Just have to say this, because so many of you don't seem to realize that yes, Huskers where Red and White, but guess what, so too, does Wisconsin. In fact, their colors are EXACTLY like NEBRASKA's colors, which means that on TV or, even in the stands, unless you get a close up of the shirts that people are wearing, you'll not know which is which. So, for this one game, We black the stadium out. Your welcome.

Pointless trying, some people just can't take the training wheels off.

C

T
Then get on some Wisconsin forum and convince them to wear black. Yes, I am a legendary fan who wears red to home games, just like the vast majority of other legendary Husker fans who have worn red to home games.

T

Then get on some Wisconsin forum and convince them to wear black. Yes, I am a legendary fan who wears red to home games, just like the vast majority of other legendary Husker fans who have worn red to home games.

What the heck does the bold mean. LOL

Yeah, legend in your own mind.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back