• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wear BLACK to the Wisconsin Game

Wait, I thought everyone agreed to wear purple as a compromise? So confusing.......
LOL...."No purple"

When I was a summer camp director, that was one of the rules for the staff (which is mostly college kids) to say that males are not allowed in female tents, and vice versa.

You know...boys are blue....girls are pink...
If you mix blue and pink by putting one inside the other....you get purple.

We had to let a couple of kids go for "making purple"

Last edited:

LOL...."No purple"

When I was a summer camp director, that was one of the rules for the staff (which is mostly college kids) to say that males are not allowed in female tents, and vice versa.

Dude, you're such a square.

Well, wear your black and be the fool.
You should really keep going with the insults of those who think differently than you. Eventually it may work out.

As for me, I'll be your fool.

'That, of course, is the great secret of the successful fool – that he is no fool at all.' -- Isaac Asimov

You should really keep going with the insults of those who think differently than you. Eventually it may work out.

As for me, I'll be your fool.

'That, of course, is the great secret of the successful fool – that he is no fool at all.' -- Isaac Asimov
I simply hit the ball back over the net.

At one point, fans didn't even wear red in the stadium. There was no "Sea of Red." Instead, people just wore whatever normal clothes they wanted. People didn't dress in the colors of the team. Then a small group of fans/students started trying to change things, to stand out, to be different, and they got a few people to start wearing red, then a few more, then a few more. Now we have a Sea of Red. But what's this? A small group of fans/students wants to stand out, to be different. But they're the silly ones. They're the fools.

LOL...."No purple"

It was sooo worth it.

Could be tennis, ping pong, pickle ball, etc. and, I am a Husker volleyball fan. Little do you understand about the use of metaphors.
Oh, please, oh wise one, oh please explain to me the use of metaphor, oh please. You, the legendary fan, are also the legendary speaker of the English word, the poet, the bard, and I am only a humble servant, a peon, a piece of algae unfit to lick the boards upon which you walk, much less even trudge upon them, myself. Were I to acquire a mere tenth of your knowledge of the English language, what wonders might I perchance wreak upon this cruel world?

At one point, fans didn't even wear red in the stadium. There was no "Sea of Red." Instead, people just wore whatever normal clothes they wanted. People didn't dress in the colors of the team. Then a small group of fans/students started trying to change things, to stand out, to be different, and they got a few people to start wearing red, then a few more, then a few more. Now we have a Sea of Red. But what's this? A small group of fans/students wants to stand out, to be different. But they're the silly ones. They're the fools.

Except there is nothing new, different or original about a blackout, that's how I now all black for night games makes stadiums look small and dark. Colorado and Missouri fans think that is funny though.

Are you one of the "greatest fans" that I hear so much about? Calling others fools for a shirt color. They're is definitely a fool in this thread...

C
The only fools are those that think it is "cute" to wear black to a Big Red Husker game. Wearing black only draws attention to those who want everyone else to "look at me, I am wearing black."

Last edited:

Oh, please, oh wise one, oh please explain to me the use of metaphor, oh please. You, the legendary fan, are also the legendary speaker of the English word, the poet, the bard, and I am only a humble servant, a peon, a piece of algae unfit to lick the boards upon which you walk, much less even trudge upon them, myself. Were I to acquire a mere tenth of your knowledge of the English language, what wonders might I perchance wreak upon this cruel world?

Here is the simplicity of the term, just so you don't get confused.
Metaphor is a figure of speech that refers, for rhetorical effect, to one thing by mentioning another thing. It may provide clarity or identify hidden similarities between two ideas. Especially to those who cannot comprehend the intent of written text, i.e. RedInMyVeins.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back