• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Walters out

I’m frankly surprised - I didn’t expect HCSF to make any moves until after season 3 at the earliest. Once again, I underestimated him. You’d think I would have learned after the 1997 season. :)

I’m frankly surprised - I didn’t expect HCSF to make any moves until after season 3 at the earliest. Once again, I underestimated him. You’d think I would have learned after the 1997 season. :)
Maybe HCSF didn't want him out nor initialized the conversation.....maybe he did initialize it.....maybe it became "mutual" after HCSF said, "Troy, you're fired!" and Troy said, "You can't fire me, I quit!"

Hopefully some clarification comes out later as right now, I have a hard time seeing this being mutual as someone had to initialize the "I'm gone", or "you're gone" conversation.

Mutual decision? Without Walters having another coaching offer? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I posted this in another thread. Here’s what I believe is the most likely scenario. Frost decided to make a change but didn’t want to embarrass Walters because he’d been a good coach who worked hard so he chose not to make that information public while Walters privately looked for a new job. The hope was that Walters got a new job so Frost and NU could announce Walters was moving on, not that he’d been fired. The Joseph info leaked out before Walters got a new job.

Rather than allow this whole thing to turn into a soap opera, Frost, Walters and NU decided to announce to make things official now. The wording is Frost and NU’s best attempt at not embarrassing Walters.

Could we see Frost hire someone and give them the title " WR coach/passing game coordinator" and forego a so called "offensive coordinator" all together? Don't see the need for an OC if Frost is calling the plays anyway.

Just for giggles, I’ll be the guy to throw out this name.

A former Nebraska QB was preparing to move back to Lincoln from Lynchburg, Va about a year ago when he got a job offer from Arkansas. Turner Gill’s role was off the field, but he may have been dismissed with the rest of the Arkansas staff.

Could we see Frost hire someone and give them the title " WR coach/passing game coordinator" and forego a so called "offensive coordinator" all together? Don't see the need for an OC if Frost is calling the plays anyway.
I think with naming Austin the running game coordinator, it only makes sense that they bring in somebody to handle the wideouts and the passing game coordination. No need to bring somebody in as OC at $700,000 a year to allow the head coach to call the offensive plays

If Frost needs a WR coach, Davison is already on staff in the department and I think he regularly watches practice anyway
I would truly prefer someone who is more seasoned as a coach for this position, especially at this level. Walters was Belitnikov winner but didn't prove to be a great developer of wide receivers. I'd like to see somebody with a track record of success fill this role.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back