• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Visit Period: Where The Cocaches Are At: Photos With Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

So what's with the Pitt coach, I thought Guy was "all in"?

Pretty sure Guy has yet to step foot on the campus of DoNU. Nate Clouse mentioned on 1620 if he had to guess which of our current commits wouldn't end up in the class – his guess would be Guy. He didn't necessarily think we'd lose him, but he felt he was the highest flight risk.

That said, he also seemed confident we'd still fill our DL class with studs even if Guy bounced.

Last edited:
I know I speak for the masses, but dangit, I just want a commit! It's been an eternity.....

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

Okay lets try this differently. Several posters on another website were in a discussion about "big news out west". The names Greg Johnson and Thomas Graham were given as being close to locked up by Coach D. Williams. Of course I am paraphrasing and there were no links to any stories.

Shortly thereafter I noticed that several Crystal Ball picks for Quran Hafiz were withdrawn.

Putting two and two together it looks like a pretty good day to be a 'Husker.

Last edited:
I am not sure I can get on board with that. Admittedly, I am bias against him, but running a prolific offense when at Alabama shouldn't be that amazing. Tim Beck might even be able to do so, given the strong defensive support!

What about Kiffin do you find innovative or unique that I can't try to explain away as having more talented group of college kids to work with?

L. Kiffin, while an unlikable human being, in fact doesn't suck and is actually the best OC in the country because ____________.
(Your response needs to be good, 'cause I am bias, remember?) :Biggrin:
@N2FL did you see this? or should I provide a better starter sentence? :Biggrin:

@N2FL did you see this? or should I provide a better starter sentence? :Biggrin:

I would have to watch a game with you and point out the things he does with his route combinations and how they are effective against the looks he is getting from the defense. Stuff like that. The guy has a history of success from every stop he has been.

I would have to watch a game with you and point out the things he does with his route combinations and how they are effective against the looks he is getting from the defense. Stuff like that. The guy has a history of success from every stop he has been.
Gotcha, though "history of success" is not the answer you would get from Raiders, USC, or Tennessee, at least by parameters that don't involve offensive scheme. 3 of the 4 last locations haven't gone so well at least by the keeping a job measurement.

Gotcha, though "history of success" is not the answer you would get from Raiders, USC, or Tennessee, at least by parameters that don't involve offensive scheme. 3 of the 4 last locations haven't gone so well at least by the keeping a job measurement.

I'm talking as an OC...never said he was a great HC. Pete Carroll and Nick Saban were more than happy with what he did for their teams offensively. He is an ACE recruiter and has a great offensive mind. The guy is a beast at OC.

I'm talking as an OC...never said he was a great HC. Pete Carroll and Nick Saban were more than happy with what he did for their teams offensively. He is an ACE recruiter and has a great offensive mind. The guy is a beast at OC.

Well he should recruit well at Houston and have a good offense. I never thought it made sense for him to go to LSU because he was friends with Orgeron. Being we are on the he is a good coordinator, but not a good HC topic. When I look back at Pelini, he was a good coordinator only when he had elite talent (like he did at Okla & LSU) and then with Suh & Crick. Great players make coaches look like great coaches. I'm not sure if Houston is getting a good deal or not, because "if" Lane is successful, he won't be there very long. I assume Houston has a pretty decent talent level right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back