• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Visit Period: Where The Cocaches Are At: Photos With Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a bit of salt though, JMPO, but I am not 100% sold on Guy Thomas signing with Nebraska. Just a gut feeling.

I'm sort of wondering about Deontre' Thomas, too. Good to see Deontae Watts quoted as solid and shutting his recruitment down, though.

Just my 2 cents but there is a lot of hype down here around Ed Orgeron and LSU. He is after all from LA and is absolutely loved by the team. Even with the Miles change I would say their recruiting class stays together. This is just an opinion and not based on anything other than local discussion. Not trying to be a buzz kill just trying to temper expectations.

Just my 2 cents but there is a lot of hype down here around Ed Orgeron and LSU. He is after all from LA and is absolutely loved by the team. Even with the Miles change I would say their recruiting class stays together. This is just an opinion and not based on anything other than local discussion. Not trying to be a buzz kill just trying to temper expectations.
I hope they do hire him. He has proven to be a good recruiter but a lousy coach. I said before and I will say it again. Orgeron is the Ted McGinley of college football. Once he shows up he will keep you entertained for a minute but you know the end is near.

Great recruiter, mediocore head coach.

I love the stubborn refusal on the part of the entire staff to never give up on anyone, to never count themselves out, to never say die. NU is in good hands, ladies and gentlemen, very good hands.

Not to mention they also seem relentless in continuing to visit the recruits we have. Which is a big reason we haven't lost one yet.

Just a bit of salt though, JMPO, but I am not 100% sold on Guy Thomas signing with Nebraska. Just a gut feeling.

He has yet to step foot on campus, right? Does feel odd, and I think Clouse said something similar when asked who he would pick to not sign from the class if he had to.

Great to see KJ Senior rocking the Husker gear and hanging the NU banner in his home!
Sr. is one big dude!! Its really good to see the buy in these guys have. I think they have genuinely picked up on the unique culture that is Husker Football.

I agree. I don't expect any more attrition than normal for this time of year with them. Orgeron is one of the best recruiters in the country and like you said, loved by his team.

I hope they do hire him. He has proven to be a good recruiter but a lousy coach. I said before and I will say it again. Orgeron is the Ted McGinley of college football. Once he shows up he will keep you entertained for a minute but you know the end is near.

Great recruiter, mediocore head coach.

I disagree. He was a disaster at Ole Miss, but that was his first go 'round. I think he has learned a lot since then. He did a great job at USC and LSU when he took over on an interim basis. His teams played better for him than they did for Sark and Miles. He will assemble a great staff at LSU. Keeping Dave Aranda is a great move and most expect him to get Lane Kiffin to leave Alabama to run his offense - if Kiffin doesn't get a HC job somewhere like Houston. That would give LSU the best OC in the country (IMPO) and one of the top 5 DC's. Not bad.

I disagree. He was a disaster at Ole Miss, but that was his first go 'round. I think he has learned a lot since then. He did a great job at USC and LSU when he took over on an interim basis. His teams played better for him than they did for Sark and Miles. He will assemble a great staff at LSU. Keeping Dave Aranda is a great move and most expect him to get Lane Kiffin to leave Alabama to run his offense - if Kiffin doesn't get a HC job somewhere like Houston. That would give LSU the best OC in the country (IMPO) and one of the top 5 DC's. Not bad.

I am not sure I can get on board with that. Admittedly, I am bias against him, but running a prolific offense when at Alabama shouldn't be that amazing. Tim Beck might even be able to do so, given the strong defensive support!

What about Kiffin do you find innovative or unique that I can't try to explain away as having more talented group of college kids to work with?

L. Kiffin, while an unlikable human being, in fact doesn't suck and is actually the best OC in the country because ____________.
(Your response needs to be good, 'cause I am bias, remember?) :Biggrin:

Why would LK leave the number 1 program in the country for a parallel job at another top school? I think he holds out for the top job somewhere.

I don't think Kiffen and Saben get along very well while Orgeron is a friend. Work with his buddy and beat the old boss he didnt like

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back