• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Visit Period: Where The Cocaches Are At: Photos With Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

This kid is a STUD. Some off the field concerns, but in terms of pure talent, there aren't many better in the midwest. Ohio State is thought to be full and not an option. Make no mistake though, this kid is someone that usually would be plucked by Ohio State. His off the field stuff has scared some bigger programs off. Kentucky (Vince Marrow) is the presumed leader, but if anyone can get Nebraska in the door its Keith Williams. Look for Nebraska to push for a visit (he is visiting Kentucky this weekend) soon. He would be one of the best recruits in this class if he signs on with the Huskers. Awesome talent.

This kid is a STUD. Some off the field concerns, but in terms of pure talent, there aren't many better in the midwest. Ohio State is thought to be full and not an option. Make no mistake though, this kid is someone that usually would be plucked by Ohio State. His off the field stuff has scared some bigger programs off. Kentucky (Vince Marrow) is the presumed leader, but if anyone can get Nebraska in the door its Keith Williams. Look for Nebraska to push for a visit (he is visiting Kentucky this weekend) soon. He would be one of the best recruits in this class if he signs on with the Huskers. Awesome talent.
I've heard the off the field concerns aren't necessarily directly with him, but some of the people he chooses to associate himself with. If true, maybe getting him away from that crowd and into Lincoln could be good for him.

Word from Blair Sanderson at Hawkeyereport: Nebraska will be in-home with Iowa WR decommit Gavin Holmes tonight.

Are we making a late offer because we are now more comfortable with his off the field concerns or because we are less comfortable with landing the guys already on our board?

I've heard the off the field concerns aren't necessarily directly with him, but some of the people he chooses to associate himself with. If true, maybe getting him away from that crowd and into Lincoln could be good for him.

I agree. Maybe Keith Williams impresses mom and she decides the best thing for her son is to get away from the crowd he is hanging around. Kentucky is about a 5 hour drive from where he lives. Nebraska is a little more isolated for him and his clique. We'll see.

Are we making a late offer because we are now more comfortable with his off the field concerns or because we are less comfortable with landing the guys already on our board?

Not sure. I think Nebraska is pretty confident in Joseph Lewis and Jamire Calvin. Best case scenario, that will give them 4 absolute studs at the WR spot. IMPO they need to try and bring in 5. That could be there thinking with Bowden. Also, I know they have interest in former Iowa commit Gavin Holmes. Wannabee8 said above that Nebraska (assuming Keith Williams) is going in-home with Holmes tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back