• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Visit Period: Where The Cocaches Are At: Photos With Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well he should recruit well at Houston and have a good offense. I never thought it made sense for him to go to LSU because he was friends with Orgeron. Being we are on the he is a good coordinator, but not a good HC topic. When I look back at Pelini, he was a good coordinator only when he had elite talent (like he did at Okla & LSU) and then with Suh & Crick. Great players make coaches look like great coaches. I'm not sure if Houston is getting a good deal or not, because "if" Lane is successful, he won't be there very long. I assume Houston has a pretty decent talent level right now.

I agree. It's a tough call for Houston. On one hand, Kiffin has been a disaster as a HC at all three of his stops (Oakland, Tennessee, USC). Do they roll the dice and bank that he has grown up and learned from working under the best in the business in Nick Saban? If he comes and is the same HC he was before, they lose all the mo' Tom Herman helped them build and they take steps back as a program...on the other hand, if Kiffin comes in and is the HC everyone expected him to be after working with (IMPO) the two best college coaches of the past 25+ years (Pete Carroll, Nick Saban) and keeps Houston in the top-20 and rolling along - Kiffin won't stay more than 3-years anyways.

I agree. It's a tough call for Houston. On one hand, Kiffin has been a disaster as a HC at all three of his stops (Oakland, Tennessee, USC). Do they roll the dice and bank that he has grown up and learned from working under the best in the business in Nick Saban? If he comes and is the same HC he was before, they lose all the mo' Tom Herman helped them build and they take steps back as a program...on the other hand, if Kiffin comes in and is the HC everyone expected him to be after working with (IMPO) the two best college coaches of the past 25+ years (Pete Carroll, Nick Saban) and keeps Houston in the top-20 and rolling along - Kiffin won't stay more than 3-years anyways.
Major Applewhite has been promoted to head coach at Houston.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...nsive-coordinator-major-applewhite-head-coach

Last edited:

Thomas Graham will be announcing his college choice on Friday the 16th.

http://247sports.com/Article/Decision-date-set-for-Top100-CB-Thomas-Graham-49725585

His finalists are Notre Dame, Nebraska, Oregon, UCLA, Arizona and Arizona State.

He got a recent CB from an Oregon guy at 247, but I don't think he'll choose the Ducks. He met Willie Taggart for the first time the other day and Taggart was trying to sell him on Charlie Strong being his DC. Strong has taken the USF job, so that's off the table. I just can't see him choosing Oregon with such a new relationship with the HC - even if the in-home visit went great (and reportedly it did).

Donte Williams is heading to see Graham tonight and I still think its a 50-50 shot with Notre Dame and Nebraska. He has been a Notre Dame lean for a long time, so I would still call them the favorite though.

Thomas Graham will be announcing his college choice on Friday the 16th.

http://247sports.com/Article/Decision-date-set-for-Top100-CB-Thomas-Graham-49725585

His finalists are Notre Dame, Nebraska, Oregon, UCLA, Arizona and Arizona State.

He got a recent CB from an Oregon guy at 247, but I don't think he'll choose the Ducks. He met Willie Taggart for the first time the other day and Taggart was trying to sell him on Charlie Strong being his DC. Strong has taken the USF job, so that's off the table. I just can't see him choosing Oregon with such a new relationship with the HC - even if the in-home visit went great (and reportedly it did).

Donte Williams is heading to see Graham tonight and I still think its a 50-50 shot with Notre Dame and Nebraska. He has been a Notre Dame lean for a long time, so I would still call them the favorite though.

Good point at this point in time with all that has gone on I will take those chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back