• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

Pillen is correct in his assessment. UNL BOR should have a short list of candidates in their possession at all times so we don’t have over 200 days without a President! This reflects poorly on the State and University!!!

IMG_8039.JPG

Last edited:

I don't recall exactly what TA was making before his contract extension, but it occurred to me that the $4+ million buyout we are getting is probably more than the aggregate amount that TA got paid as AD at Nebraska. In other words, when the dust settles, on a net basis the university will have been paid for having him as AD. So at least there's that.

Since you are a permanent 20 year member you can't play that card. :Biggrin:
I was referring to my season tickets. Because of the distance, the cost and various things in my personal life, I can only make it back to Lincoln for 1-2 games per year. I agonized over this decision for months, but it’s no longer worth it to me to pay the donation and ticket costs. As for Huskermax.com…….I’m a lifer and always will be. And thank you for making this the place that it is……

I heard the comment from Robin Washut on Husker Online that some are scrutinizing the timing of the announcement occurring when the major coaches are all out of town for vacation/tournament prep, and that there was no press conference, just a statement release. Insinuation is that Trev at best took the easy way out in terms of an announcement.
its on youtube. snakes always slither

Pillen is correct in his assessment. UNL BOR should have a short list of candidates in their possession at all times so we don’t have over 200 days without a President! This reflects poorly on the State and University!!!
Boondoggle

If we wanted Alberts to stay, you cannot tell me we could not have made that happen. One of the two sides just said, enough. We call that real world s@#%. Let's get our big boy band back on stage and move on the funk on.

Last edited:
i remember when trev was first hired, I posted that in my opinion, it was not a good hire. needless to say, I was dragged thru the mud by some posters on here. oh well. I have always found trev to be nothing more than an opportunist. he quit his ESPN job, uno job and now this one.

but, I am not surprised. I also stated at the time that this university is not interested/vested in winning. the powers that be are just in this for the cash cow that it is. the hiring of bill moose was all the evidence that I needed for that.

as time goes by, I am realizing that Tom Osborne was even more important than we realized while he was coach. he clearly kept people in line.

finally, do not be surprised if in two years max, matt rhule leaves also. this is not the same NU. I also believe that it will never get back....that, for the greatest fans in the world, is a hard pill to swallow.

Many of you are right, I think that ADTA's leaving is "all about the money", but not the right money.

He left, I think because at A&M, he no longer has to deal with the financial difficulties that exist at DONU with:
-NIL
-fund raising for stadium project
-fund raising for athletic facilities
Although at one level DONU Athletic Department seems "well off", with ability to even give money to the general university, in fact it does not generate enough money to fund this major projects (no school does).

In fact DONU as a school, since I was a student in the 1970's has never been "flush" with funding for anything on the Lincoln campus, thanks to being a small state with limited resources and limited number of alumni.

Compare this to where ADTA is going, a school that can write a check for a $75 million HC buy out and not even flinch!
That is the kind of resources that most AD's can only dream about having "access" to, and in the coming mega conference era, is going to be the deciding factor whether your school is in (A&M) or out (?DONU) of that mega conference.

This is what worries me the most about ADTA's leaving, that he sees/knows that DONU's financial circumstances are an impediment not only to his near future but to DONU's as well.

If true, look for coaches and players to recognize this and with the transfer portal, the whole rebuild could unravel in a heart beat........

Money rules the world :(
This post makes more sense to me than anything else I've heard.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back