• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

With all of the Trev news I have seen lately and the investigation into him removing the football program at UNO and the spending at UNO, I am starting to think the other 8 guys are not the problem. Maybe the problem is Trev.
I think the UNO drama has been vetted, and Trev was shown to be correct

I think the UNO drama has been vetted, and Trev was shown to be correct
By who? Please find me this because after I watched the investigation I tried to look into it myself. It seemed more like he had enough pull to keep people's mouths closed. Can you link me a source of at least find me anything. I could not find anyone supporting TA when I looked into it. At least not anyone who was close to the situation.

I think leadership is very important in a program. That said, people who talk about leadership generally don't know anything about being a good leader. A good leader does not just quit and run. TA is not a good leader.
I'm gambling there's more to the story that we aren't privy to. Very likely there is still a backroom feud over how much power the athletic dept. has inherited with the TV money and the BOR isn't liking it, thus the delay in finding a new President.
Plus it has been rumored here and elsewhere that NU isn't exactly supporting Alberts in the Scoggin's lawsuit. More than enough reasons for Trev to look elsewhere.

It shouldn't be 'One in favor of the other' or 'One to the detriment of the other', but reality has to take a place at the table and by that I mean 'Revenue vs Non Revenue'.

When was the last time the School of Agriculture stroked a check to the University because they'd made a bunch of money?
Agree here, the University's primary function is Academic. I get so tired of the labelling our society has become. "Liberal" "Conservative" "Academic" "Jock". None of this serves ANYONE well, it only divides. The primary mission of the University is to educate. Period. With that said, people in charge need to understand the advertising that a strong athletic program does for the university. They really can have their cake and eat it too.

I'm gambling there's more to the story that we aren't privy to. Very likely there is still a backroom feud over how much power the athletic dept. has inherited with the TV money and the BOR isn't liking it, thus the delay in finding a new President.
Plus it has been rumored here and elsewhere that NU isn't exactly supporting Alberts in the Scoggin's lawsuit. More than enough reasons for Trev to look elsewhere.
Yeah it is tough to say. Is NU not supporting him with the lawsuit because he knew about it? I think the timing is interesting and certainly makes TA look suspicious.

I am re-watching the video I linked and I had forgotten about Trev's title 9 lies at UNO. I also forgot that TA threatened the coaches to not speak out.

I think leadership is very important in a program. That said, people who talk about leadership generally don't know anything about being a good leader. A good leader does not just quit and run. TA is not a good leader.
I understand the sentiment but that hasn't been my experience. The best leaders I've ever worked for were so strategic in their thinking that if a situation became untenable, they absolutely would walk away. It's often a strange dynamic, servant leadership with a sprinkling of sociopath. Good leadership does not require blind loyalty. For what it's worth I think there is plenty of blame to go around and sadly I have no faith or confidence in the leadership currently in place to fix any of it.

Actually to me the bio’s don’t show that these folks are primarily academics. And remember, the BoR members are elected, so I can’t imagine in Nebraska that members would be hostile to athletics. If they are, the voters are to blame.

Fair. I dove in again and looked at each in depth. A few lawyers, a politician. Still lots of folks in teaching, School Boards, Board of Education and a few with more than two degrees.

There are also two that are business owners, but in general I think I can guess what the focus is for each on the list and be pretty close.

On the 'election' piece, most were initially selected by the Governor, then have to be re-elected. That is something we can hang on the voters, but what information is available to them to make an informed decision on the Regent in their district? Are their internal voting records public and/or available? I don't know the answer to that. How would a voter know if the Regent in their district was doing a good job versus a crap job? It seems like a lot tougher thing to figure out than Sheriff, Mayor, Governor, etc.

Agree here, the University's primary function is Academic. I get so tired of the labelling our society has become. "Liberal" "Conservative" "Academic" "Jock". None of this serves ANYONE well, it only divides. The primary mission of the University is to educate. Period. With that said, people in charge need to understand the advertising that a strong athletic program does for the university. They really can have their cake and eat it too.

To your point, I think you could go through the list of board members and figure out pretty quick who was from what side of the aisle. Not bashing, just making a statement.

They could absolutely have it all. As long as they don't want to look down their noses at the Athletic department and the fans of the programs it represents.

I understand the sentiment but that hasn't been my experience. The best leaders I've ever worked for were so strategic in their thinking that if a situation became untenable, they absolutely would walk away. It's often a strange dynamic, servant leadership with a sprinkling of sociopath. Good leadership does not require blind loyalty. For what it's worth I think there is plenty of blame to go around and sadly I have no faith or confidence in the leadership currently in place to fix any of it.
I don't disagree and I think what I am saying is difficult to articulate in text on a forum board. I am not saying good leaders are bad, I am saying that people who spend all of their time thinking and talking about leadership tend to not be natural leaders. I am of the opinion that You are either a leader or not. It is not something you can get from a book or a class. I think you can make yourself a good leader but someone is not a natural leader is not going to become a good leader by studying leadership.

Yeah it is tough to say. Is NU not supporting him with the lawsuit because he knew about it? I think the timing is interesting and certainly makes TA look suspicious.
It sounds like he may not have handled Scoggin's and her family with enough respect when the incident first occurred and they went to him after she was dismissed from the team. I don't know enough details to say for sure.

100%. This is why it’s so problematic to run athletic programs through a university framework in 2024. Apples and kiwi fruit. Makes zero sense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back