• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

Actually to me the bio’s don’t show that these folks are primarily academics. And remember, the BoR members are elected, so I can’t imagine in Nebraska that members would be hostile to athletics. If they are, the voters are to blame.

You can only vote for those that choose ( or are recruited) to run for the position.

If the group responsible for the hiring and firing of the AD position is seen as toxic and dysfunctional, it is my opinion that it will be extremely difficult to attract quality AD prospects.

Tough situation.
I really thought Trev did a great job hiring Rhule and athletics was trending in the right direction. Sounds like Nebraska needs to address the leadership above the AD position pretty darn quick.

If the group responsible for the hiring and firing of the AD position is seen as toxic and dysfunctional, it is my opinion that it will be extremely difficult to attract quality AD prospects.

Tough situation.
With all of the Trev news I have seen lately and the investigation into him removing the football program at UNO and the spending at UNO, I am starting to think the other 8 guys are not the problem. Maybe the problem is Trev.

With all of the Trev news I have seen lately and the investigation into him removing the football program at UNO and the spending at UNO, I am starting to think the other 8 guys are not the problem. Maybe the problem is Trev.

Best case scenario imo.

Pissed off people? You choose to be pissed off at him. Anyone with any knowledge of UNO knows cutting wrestling was not his choice. I guess if you are gonna hate him, leaving should help you.
I watched an investigation on this. It had more to do with the football program but I get your point. It turns out that Trev alerted no one on the staffs that it was going to happen. Burns was angry because he says he could have raised the funds. Then there are rumors that Trev may have mislead people on the UNO financial situation. I am thinking the walls are coming down on Trev and he is running.

Being pro-Acedmic does not have to be anti athletic, but it looks a lot like the trend that way. The first mission of the Univ System should be academic first but that should not be the solo focus

It shouldn't be 'One in favor of the other' or 'One to the detriment of the other', but reality has to take a place at the table and by that I mean 'Revenue vs Non Revenue'.

When was the last time the School of Agriculture stroked a check to the University because they'd made a bunch of money?

A mix of both. ^^ Trev has his issues, but until the State of Nebraska can reconfigure the leadership at NU in a manner that the BOR cannot negatively impact athletics, the school is doomed for continued failure.

With the money NU brings in from the media rights alone, the Athletic Dept. should be a stand alone entity and be run as a business. That's what college sports are transitioning toward right now anyway. Hire a CEO/AD and let him call the shots.

Last edited:

I think leadership is very important in a program. That said, people who talk about leadership generally don't know anything about being a good leader. A good leader does not just quit and run. TA is not a good leader.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back