• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tired of some of the staff and media bashing the husker fan base as negatively unique

Status
Not open for further replies.
You left out "In my opinion"

to answer the elephant in the room, the problem with every Bo team since day one is lack of discipline and that immenates from the Head Coach. Want to fix it, start there. Want to fix the problems with the fan base, start with the Head Coach. Want to do away with rumors, open practice. Fans feel as if they are being robbed and lied too by the current crew. Only the coaches can silence the fans.
Fans have the right to come to the games and cheer on the team. Rumours are not started by the players/coaches. The fans start rumours. The fans are the ones who concoct scenarios and then think they're being lied to when the coaches don't confirm those rumours.

You don't have a right to come to practices. You don't have a right to know the details of the inner workings of the program.

If fans want the rumours to stop, then fans need to stop concocting them. Stop blaming the coaches for lies they know nothing about.

I didn't suggest that fan behavior controls anything; where did you get that? The suggestion was that Nebraska fans aren't any rougher than any other fan base. If we're the same as other fan bases, then 8-4, 9-4, 10-4 records would be welcome, because those are good records at most schools. We wouldn't be complaining that our coach yells at people and says bad words, because most coaches do that.

We have some pretty high demands. We expect our team to win more games than every other team, and we expect our coach to behave differently than other coaches, and we expect to be treated like royalty by those we just finished badmouthing.
That pretty much sums it up, thrill.

I maintain that there is a difference between being critical and being negative. I also hold the coach to a different standard than I hold a player.

I can be critical of a coach and I can have concerns about a player and it not be negativity toward the program. I can also praise the same coach and player or other coaches or players. The bolded statement above represents an irrational leap in logic.
Far too much of the criticism is based on fan perceptions, which are usually misleading or incorrect, misinformation, and mean-spirited rumours rather than reality.

You left out "In my opinion"

to answer the elephant in the room, the problem with every Bo team since day one is lack of discipline and that immenates from the Head Coach. Want to fix it, start there. Want to fix the problems with the fan base, start with the Head Coach. Want to do away with rumors, open practice. Fans feel as if they are being robbed and lied too by the current crew. Only the coaches can silence the fans.
No I didn't forget anything. You may not choose to believe it. That's all.

I didn't suggest that fan behavior controls anything; where did you get that? The suggestion was that Nebraska fans aren't any rougher than any other fan base. If we're the same as other fan bases, then 8-4, 9-4, 10-4 records would be welcome, because those are good records at most schools. We wouldn't be complaining that our coach yells at people and says bad words, because most coaches do that.

We have some pretty high demands. We expect our team to win more games than every other team, and we expect our coach to behave differently than other coaches, and we expect to be treated like royalty by those we just finished badmouthing.
Who cares if he says bad words and yells, I thought it was taking a swing at a refs face so much so it made the ref flinch back resulting in yet another personal foul on the HC. 8-4 isn't a good record unless you're Minnesota or some other middling school like Iowa and of course their fans would be happy, we do understand that apathy is now expected and cherished by fans but some are having a slight bit of trouble cheering the fact we are lesser of a program than Minnesota and Iowa these days. The fake punt in year six wouldn't be applauded nor supported by any fan I can think of

52 posts and every single one is as negative as possible?????

Has anyone heard from GFOA recently?

You seem to be terribly hung up on how much money someone makes relative to the job they do.
Most CEOs of a company just throw millions at people not doing their jobs then right. We, the boosters and fans pay that salary by filling the seats, donations, buying apparel, and show our approval by going to bowl games. I think the student section has been showing their approval of how well their school is represented on the field

N ostalgic, if you don't mind me asking, what board did you post on prior to Huskermax?

N ostalgic, if you don't mind me asking, what board did you post on prior to Huskermax?
Every single one of them including this one when it used to be Huskerpedia waaaaaaay back in its inception. Late 90s up until about half way through the Callahan years. Iv'e still never received my Pedia card after 4-5 years of paying over a decade ago. I was even in the old AoL College Football forums in the early 90s

Every single one of them including this one when it used to be Huskerpedia waaaaaaay back in its inception. Late 90s up until about half way through the Callahan years. Iv'e still never received my Pedia card after 4-5 years of paying over a decade ago. I was even in the old AoL College Football forums in the early 90s

I guess I was wondering where you were posting primarily before rejoining here in the last few days and why you made the decision to come back. Just curiosity, no biggie.

I also spent some time on the AOL forums back in the day. Lots of Texas-Nebraska hate going on there, even in the mid 1990s as the Big 12 came into being.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back