• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tired of some of the staff and media bashing the husker fan base as negatively unique

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya! Over in another thread somebodies calling people haters for stating Beck leaving for another job would be a good thing for the Huskers. That's been pretty obvious for 3 years now

That's not quite how it happened. Someone said Beck leaving would be good, another person responded questioning the hate people have towards Beck. He didn't call someone a "hater." Would it have made a difference if he had questioned why people dislike Beck?

When you say it would be better if someone is gone, it's usually because you don't really like that individual. All FLAS was saying was that he doesn't understand why people don't like Beck.

CombatTargeteer is usually more thick-skinned than that. I think there was some internet miscommunication there, and it took on a life of its own.

That's not quite how it happened. Someone said Beck leaving would be good, another person responded questioning the hate people have towards Beck. He didn't call someone a "hater." Would it have made a difference if he had questioned why people dislike Beck?

When you say it would be better if someone is gone, it's usually because you don't really like that individual. All FLAS was saying was that he doesn't understand why people don't like Beck.

CombatTargeteer is usually more thick-skinned than that. I think there was some internet miscommunication there, and it took on a life of its own.

WOW! Thanks Judge Judy!

We wouldn't be having these discussions if we weren't in dogfights with Wyoming with a perfectly healthy team year 6. Us against them indeed

What about dogfights against a 5-6 Central Florida team in year 25? Trailing at halftime, up one score in the 4th quarter...

What about going into overtime against a 7-5 Missouri team in year 25?

How about a dogfight against 6-4-1 Baylor year 18 in which we led only 6-0 with 22 seconds left in the 4th quarter?

Or a dogfight against 4-7 Iowa State in year 20? Actually lost that one, almost by double digits.

We wouldn't be having these discussions if people would recognize that winning football games is not a birthright.

Actually it went like this

Something this good for the program will not happen.

There would be nothing "good" about losing our OC at this point, especially before NSD.

i do NOT understand this hatred of Beck as our OC.

Implying that Beck staying would be bad for the program further equates to hatred of Beck as OC. I don't see how it can be interpreted another way.

and babble, babble babble then this gem

A second time, then, i will ask you to defend this hideous statement.

hilarious, you saw it differently

What about dogfights against a 5-6 Central Florida team in year 25? Trailing at halftime, up one score in the 4th quarter...

How about a dogfight against 6-4-1 Baylor year 18 in which we led only 6-0 with 22 seconds left in the 4th quarter?

Or a dogfight against 4-7 Iowa State in year 20? Actually lost that one, almost by double digits.

We wouldn't be having these discussions if people would recognize that winning football games is not a birthright.
You forgot getting beat by a crappy Gibbs coached OU and the first Big XII Championship game, a couple CU games and many other disappointments that surely would have filled the BBS with talk of choking

It's fans gone wild around here lately, they are flying off the handle over little to nothing.

That's exactly how I see this. I saw the initial exchange and figured it would just fall by the wayside. I was shocked to come back to find that people were still talking about it several hours (and pages) later.

It really was nothing. If saying "i do NOT understand this hatred of Beck as our OC" is an attack, shut the board down.

In response to the OP. This is not an NFL franchise. These are not pros.

Negativity toward any coach or player is negativity toward the program.

Period!

We have a very loud section of the fan base that blasts negativity all the time.

True, true!

Period!

We have a very loud section of the fan base that blasts negativity all the time.

You left out "In my opinion"

to answer the elephant in the room, the problem with every Bo team since day one is lack of discipline and that immenates from the Head Coach. Want to fix it, start there. Want to fix the problems with the fan base, start with the Head Coach. Want to do away with rumors, open practice. Fans feel as if they are being robbed and lied too by the current crew. Only the coaches can silence the fans.

Last edited:

Period!

By that same logic, isn't negativity toward any fan also negativity toward the entire fanbase?

It's fans gone wild around here lately, they are flying off the handle over little to nothing.

That's exactly how I see this. I saw the initial exchange and figured it would just fall by the wayside. I was shocked to come back to find that people were still talking about it several hours (and pages) later.

It really was nothing. If saying "i do NOT understand this hatred of Beck as our OC" is an attack, shut the board down.

It seems that someone who "has only been here for half a day" did his best to whip it into a frenzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back