• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tired of some of the staff and media bashing the husker fan base as negatively unique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep! Fun stuff, I was B2BNaChamp on the AoL but being a moderator took all the fun out of it.

Why did I come back......bored, most Husker forums have pretty much dried up from lack of enthusiasm I guess. I figured this place still had a few grumpy old men like me and maybe we could discuss reality instead of fluff

you need a better fluffer

What about dogfights against a 5-6 Central Florida team in year 25? Trailing at halftime, up one score in the 4th quarter...

What about going into overtime against a 7-5 Missouri team in year 25?

How about a dogfight against 6-4-1 Baylor year 18 in which we led only 6-0 with 22 seconds left in the 4th quarter?

Or a dogfight against 4-7 Iowa State in year 20? Actually lost that one, almost by double digits.

We wouldn't be having these discussions if people would recognize that winning football games is not a birthright.

You are a pretty decent Husker historian. That was what, 4 games over seven years, with one loss? That's a far cry from what we are seeing lately.

Last edited:
This thread is awesome! More fans with the "Bo isn't nice to me" or "Bo yells at officials when they blow a call and it hurts myt feelings" sentiment! More fans that feel its okay to blast away, but if they hear another grown man give it right back, they go curl up in a corner and sniffle! Funny!
People, if you can't take it, don't dish it out. You want to lay down a critique, dont whine when someone lays one down on you. If you are concerned with how much Bo makes, apply for his job--if you are more qualified and will do it cheaper, and you can guarantee better results with your knowledge of running the program and coaching, I will bet you will get hired to do that job.

This thread is awesome! More fans with the "Bo isn't nice to me" or "Bo yells at officials when they blow a call and it hurts myt feelings" sentiment! More fans that feel its okay to blast away, but if they hear another grown man give it right back, they go curl up in a corner and sniffle! Funny!
People, if you can't take it, don't dish it out. You want to lay down a critique, dont whine when someone lays one down on you. If you are concerned with how much Bo makes, apply for his job--if you are more qualified and will do it cheaper, and you can guarantee better results with your knowledge of running the program and coaching, I will bet you will get hired to do that job.

I don't recall reading any of the things you claim are contained in this thread. Perhaps I've just missed them, rather than you making them up entirely so you can argue against them. :lol:

Pelini's fan-bashing isn't hurtful to fans. It's damaging to the Husker brand and embarrassing to the University.

And you dont think alabama, texas, okla, n dame, usc, ohio st wouldnt have that same sectiin if they faced what weve had laat yr or two? My point was we r not any rougher than the rest like bo wants people to thin. he wants to portray that the [criticism] he faces isnt due to him, its due to a uniquely, unruly fan base. Thats bs all big time schools have it. Its cuz he acts like a 2 yr old with temper tantrums and cuz were not where we should be.
The nfl is not the same but it is relevant to the point. U wanna coach big time college or nfl, toughen up

Yep.

Agree completely. Love the recruiting energy of late and empathize with the connection to players, but the media is a TOOL to be used and nothing more. They are not the Husker fan base, rather, they merely hold the microphone. Use them like you would use any other tool in your profession and all things will become clear. Treat them like they are the problem and the waters will be muddied. You are missing the forest for the trees, I'm afraid.

So when you don't like the answer you redefine mid athletic program. and you never once mentioned doing anything in your original question. Let me know whey you are done changing your question.

My question directly... "Name another mid to major college athletic program that doesn't have a single competitor for fans either college or professional within the same state..."

I wasn't changing my question, I was asking how you qualified them as a Mid to Major Athletic program.

Almost beat us... that's about it. ;) Bohl might have that team turned around in a few years... never know.

Not disagreeing at all, I guess my definition of mid to major program needs re-evaluating but I think everyone would agree that Wyoming isn't a major draw school by any means.

I don't recall reading any of the things you claim are contained in this thread. Perhaps I've just missed them, rather than you making them up entirely so you can argue against them. :lol:

Pelini's fan-bashing isn't hurtful to fans. It's damaging to the Husker brand and embarrassing to the University.

You may have to look at more than one thread......
And most of the other coaches that get a little fired up at terrible officiating are not demonized by their fanbase--they see it as sticking up for their team. I have not seen a lot of damage done to the Husker brand--except on here.

This is not a pro-bo or anti bo deal. It's the people that whine about Pelini not talking nice about the fans, while they continue to bash him that bug me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back