• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Starts at the Top

You seem to discount the 8.5 million that the university saved. It didn’t benefit the university to save 8.5 million? Seems like both parties mutually benefited from this agreement.
Not sure how you think Nebraska benefited from the frost restructured contract. Yea on the surface it looks like they saved money. But I think they could have done better by just letting him go and litigating the buyout. But it seems they negotiated a buyout first and then will fire him next year early to get a head start on finding his replacement. Frost at least knows where he stands and that’s more than than fan base or possibly the parents of the players. But Heck maybe Nebraska did get something for there money. Scott Frost holder of the record, for most consecutive loses by single digit’s in season NCAA history. 9

Great news for Nebraska he sets records gets next year to set more records

Next year is going to be the final step to having a B1G level of talent from a player and staff standpoint IMO. Let’s see what we do.
I’ll judge him on what I’ve seen him do. If he turns it around next year than I’ll add that performance to what I see.

Right now he’s the worst Nebraska coach I’ve ever seen. Every Husker fan under the age of 60 that is honest or mentally capable would agree with that.

Not sure how you think Nebraska benefited from the frost restructured contract. Yea on the surface it looks like they saved money. But I think they could have done better by just letting him go and litigating the buyout. But it seems they negotiated a buyout first and then will fire him next year early to get a head start on finding his replacement. Frost at least knows where he stands and that’s more than than fan base or possibly the parents of the players. But Heck maybe Nebraska did get something for there money. Scott Frost holder of the record, for most consecutive loses by single digit’s in season NCAA history. 9

Great news for Nebraska he sets records gets next year to set more records
Litigate the buyout? On what grounds?

Don't know if many here listen to this program but if ya don't and ya wanted to see Frost paid off and let go after IA game here's an earful of support.

Some rough, condensed points made: (Pretend there are quote marks around most words.)

***We are in straight up crisis mode. It is leadership and leadership alone at this point. No more needing more pieces. His denial of himself is the problem. The only part of the team doing well is the part he doesn't touch...defense.

***He put Logan in a position to succeed and then completely abandoned it when the chips got down. He either panicked or returned to stubborn ego against a team not built to come back and submarined Logan and the game.

***Cited Speilman, Luke, Wandale, Florida 5, and Bell as mismanagement of roster.

***Said a lot about ST but not the answer alone. The fact that we had to stop doing punt returns and field goals as part of the game doesn't hold water under "No Fear of Failure" slogan. Said Frost's statement at the podium that game was over after blocked punt was a fireable offense by most standards.

***Trying to give Adrian "his moment" is not why we are all here. It's not why the team's here. It's not even why Adrian's here. Shouldn't be a focus when the
offense consistently falls apart down the stretch.

***The only props given is yes, we are playing competitively and not getting blown out like in recent past. It is a gap closed. He is getting a chance that 95% of other programs wouldn't give. Since the restructuring he is 0-2. Can't close games. Will he next year? NE fans are worn down to a nub. It makes for a long off season if ya believe it's for naught.

Right after the 45:00 min mark, Brandon Vogel, (Managing Editor of program and co-author with Coach John Cook on book: 'Dream Like a Champion'), comes into conversation and they address the psychological aspect of Frost and team.

This is long enuff. We all kinda know what that pertains to for Frost and the team. Was interesting tho. Think a team head doctor could be a good thing.

A poster here made the remark that Frost needs a come to Jesus moment. To me that means letting go of ego. Since we are stuck with this decision am just gonna hope Frost's last time at bat pays off in wins instead of dollars and this won't be a wasted year. GBR!!!

For cause (ncaa investigation

If it was a serious violation and it was actually proven, maybe. But the investigation in this case is about as minor as it gets and it’s still going on, last I heard.

I’m sure that in the decision ruling against the university, the word “pretext” would be very prominent.

Last edited:

If it was a serious violation and it was actually proven, maybe. But the investigation in this case is about as minor as it gets and it’s still going on, last I heard.

I’m sure that in the decision ruling against the university, the word “pretext” would be very prominent.
Don’t know but his contract was very specific on this issue. Makes it easier to negotiate a reduced contract with that investigation still hanging over his head. Not sure it wasn’t a set up to get out of paying the 20 million

For cause (ncaa investigation)
Are you actually serious or just pulling straws? Was there an investigation? Yes. Did it amount to anything? Not really. So we are going to try to go the legal route with an argument that is shakier than our 2 minute offense? Seems like a winning gameplan. lol.

Are you actually serious or just pulling straws? Was there an investigation? Yes. Did it amount to anything? Not really. So we are going to try to go the legal route with an argument that is shakier than our 2 minute offense? Seems like a winning gameplan. lol.
Yes I am serious, you read his contract. its very specific, thats how They negotiated thier Frost exit plan. You think frost just gave away 10 million. Frost has been terminated already, we just haven’t been told yet. they have negotiated his buy out and are waiting to fire him at later date when comp for coaches is less and any other issues on or off the field that might pop up

Its a good story.

Don't know if many here listen to this program but if ya don't and ya wanted to see Frost paid off and let go after IA game here's an earful of support.

Some rough, condensed points made: (Pretend there are quote marks around most words.)

***We are in straight up crisis mode. It is leadership and leadership alone at this point. No more needing more pieces. His denial of himself is the problem. The only part of the team doing well is the part he doesn't touch...defense.

***He put Logan in a position to succeed and then completely abandoned it when the chips got down. He either panicked or returned to stubborn ego against a team not built to come back and submarined Logan and the game.

***Cited Speilman, Luke, Wandale, Florida 5, and Bell as mismanagement of roster.

***Said a lot about ST but not the answer alone. The fact that we had to stop doing punt returns and field goals as part of the game doesn't hold water under "No Fear of Failure" slogan. Said Frost's statement at the podium that game was over after blocked punt was a fireable offense by most standards.

***Trying to give Adrian "his moment" is not why we are all here. It's not why the team's here. It's not even why Adrian's here. Shouldn't be a focus when the
offense consistently falls apart down the stretch.

***The only props given is yes, we are playing competitively and not getting blown out like in recent past. It is a gap closed. He is getting a chance that 95% of other programs wouldn't give. Since the restructuring he is 0-2. Can't close games. Will he next year? NE fans are worn down to a nub. It makes for a long off season if ya believe it's for naught.

Right after the 45:00 min mark, Brandon Vogel, (Managing Editor of program and co-author with Coach John Cook on book: 'Dream Like a Champion'), comes into conversation and they address the psychological aspect of Frost and team.

This is long enuff. We all kinda know what that pertains to for Frost and the team. Was interesting tho. Think a team head doctor could be a good thing.

A poster here made the remark that Frost needs a come to Jesus moment. To me that means letting go of ego. Since we are stuck with this decision am just gonna hope Frost's last time at bat pays off in wins instead of dollars and this won't be a wasted year. GBR!!!

I haven’t listened to the program, but your summary tells me these guys totally understand football and the issues with our program.

This is 100% a failure of leadership.

Don’t know but his contract was very specific on this issue. Makes it easier to negotiate a reduced contract with that investigation still hanging over his head. Not sure it wasn’t a set up to get out of paying the 20 million
Feel free to go down that rabbit hole. Frost will be here next season. There will be no chicken poop pretext used to try and cheat him out of his buyout.

Can you imagine trying to woo a coach to come here after trying to cheat the last coach out of his buyout?

Feel free to go down that rabbit hole. Frost will be here next season. There will be no chicken poop pretext used to try and cheat him out of his buyout.

Can you imagine trying to woo a coach to come here after trying to cheat the last coach out of his buyout?
ok, so Scott said, sorry for not winning here’s 10 million dollars back because he felt guilty. He was forced because they had leverage. Other than loses. No other reason for him to leave that much money on the table

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back