• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Starts at the Top

Nebraska has fired 2 coach’s with 9/3 records in the last 20 years. That is what scares coaches away. Scott has not done the university any favors In regards to public perceptions. Heck it would not surprise me if a bombshell isn’t dropped soon about his personal life affecting his job performance. (lots of rumors) I think the longer we retain this man the longer we stay in football purgatory
Personally, I have thought that Frost may have been less focused than he should have been the first few years and he had an AD that wasn’t helping matters. But assuming that is true, it doesn’t mean that Scott is a lost cause. Trev seems to think he deserves more time. I’m going to support Trev’s choice and support both of them in their quest to right the ship. That’s all that I have the power to do. If it doesn’t work out, then it doesn’t work out.

Yea that won’t happen. If anything I’m a little worried this renegotiation could have negative effects on a potential replacement. But it shouldn’t because if Scott Frost is let go after 5 years most coaches would look at his record and understand.
I can’t imagine giving Scott a lifeline is something that would scare off a potential coach. I would think it would signal the days of firing successful coaches is over and over expectations have been set at a more manageable level. As painful as the last 7 years have been, they are probably going to benefit the program in the long run.

Maybe you should heed your own advice and not make up words posters don’t write. Nobody has literally said Husker football will end if we keep SF one more year. At most some of them have said it will end as we know it which probably already has.

What most are saying is why continue down that path for another year when the opportunity exists to recreate hope with another staff at a level we can’t get from the current staff.
I’m not going to take the time to point out the doomsday predictions that have been posted. I think my response was actually associated with one such post.

But if you are telling me they are exaggerating in their dire warnings, I will accept that.

Maybe not:
2019:
Offense: 9 INT; 10 Fumbles
Defense: 11 INT; 10 Fumble recovery
Turnover margin: 0.0

Chin's best defensive effort at DONU for getting turnovers like he wants the defense to do.
Been down hill since then.
GBR
You missed my point. My point was our defense had much bigger problems when Chin took over besides forcing turnovers. We couldn't tackle. Lots of one on one tackling attempts in the open field. It was a mess. Now we get hats to the ball and finish tackles a lot better.

I'd love to see more turnovers, but sometimes that is a risk/reward game. I don't want to sacrifice extra yards and touchdowns in an effort to try and jump routes for a few picks or a few forced fumbles.

At the end of the day, the metric that matters is how many points is the other team scoring. Our defense has allowed 26 TDs (14 pass; 12 rush) [our offense/special teams have accounted for 5 opponent TDs]. Credit all of our FGs and XPs to the defense and that works out to 19.2 ppg [which would be 17th best scoring in the country if our offense and ST didn't hurt the cause]. Even with all scoring included, we rank 37th in the nation in points against. Given we've played the 6th hardest strength of schedule, I'd say that's not too bad.

Last edited:

Maybe not:
2019:
Offense: 9 INT; 10 Fumbles
Defense: 11 INT; 10 Fumble recovery
Turnover margin: 0.0

Chin's best defensive effort at DONU for getting turnovers like he wants the defense to do.
Been down hill since then.
GBR
I think Chins has adjusted that philosophy to play more consistently in the B1G. The big gamble style in the AAC didn't seem to prosper in the B1G, and now we see a defense that appears to reduce opponent's scoring and big plays.

We're losing most of our defensive starters. We'll have a young defense and a young QB next year. I'm sure things will go well...
Huh? You think we will lose most of our defensive starters? Maybe, but I doubt it.

We've lost several juniors already. I think we're up to 5 gone. One more and that's "most". ;)
Well JoJo was replaced with another starter. But even if I give you him I think we have only lost 1 other starter. We will lose Stille and Williams because they have to be done. Maybe CTB and that is it. Unless I missed someone else leaving that you know about and I don't.

Well JoJo was replaced with another starter. But even if I give you him I think we have only lost 1 other starter. We will lose Stille and Williams because they have to be done. Maybe CTB and that is it. Unless I missed someone else leaving that you know about and I don't.
Daniels and Thomas are both leaving as well. .

Daniels and Thomas are both leaving as well. .
Thomas was not the starter at NT, he didn't even really play that much. But I did see that CTB is leaving too and I had forgotten about Dismuke. Even with that, we are sitting at 5. I highly doubt we lose anymore. With JoJo (who I loved), the step down was really not that much and it is to a player who already earned a blackshirt. CTB was our worst corner for 5 games. Stille had his moments but really I don't think his replacement will be a drop off. Our D has been the strength of the team for some time.

Also, if 2AM leaves I would argue we are better off. I mean, LS scored 21 on arguably the best D we faced. He actually put up more points than 2AM did against all but 5 P5 teams in his first ever start. I think the offense will be upgraded. At least lets hope so. God lets hope so.

Thomas was not the starter at NT, he didn't even really play that much. But I did see that CTB is leaving too and I had forgotten about Dismuke. Even with that, we are sitting at 5. I highly doubt we lose anymore. With JoJo (who I loved), the step down was really not that much and it is to a player who already earned a blackshirt. CTB was our worst corner for 5 games. Stille had his moments but really I don't think his replacement will be a drop off. Our D has been the strength of the team for some time.

Also, if 2AM leaves I would argue we are better off. I mean, LS scored 21 on arguably the best D we faced. He actually put up more points than 2AM did against all but 5 P5 teams in his first ever start. I think the offense will be upgraded. At least lets hope so. God lets hope so.
If you think JoJo's replacement isn't much of a step down or that CTB was the worst corner...we'll just have to disagree.

Was Thomas likely the starter next year? I think so.

If you think JoJo's replacement isn't much of a step down or that CTB was the worst corner...we'll just have to disagree.

Was Thomas likely the starter next year? I think so.
Tannor played great in JoJo's absense. In fact, I was a little amazed at how well he played on the right side. CTB was our worst corner for the first 5 games. He was getting ripped over and over. He really improved mid season and toward the end I would say he was our best corner. I think he is clear NFL material but I also think that the secondary has been the strength of our D for the last 3 years. I trust whoever goes into that spot to do well.

You think Thomas was going to be the starter next year? Your guess is as good as mine but I think it was going to be the Polar Bear. I see that DT was listed as the starter in Iowa, but I am not sure if PB was injured or not. DT also played against Wisconsin. But Hutch did play against Wisconsin and saw playing time in 8 games this year.

I guess if you were asking me who the starter would be between the 2 next year I would have no idea. I heard Carraker discuss Hutch as making some mistakes but indicated he played much better and was more physical. That said, I don't expect our staff to identity the best player.... EVER.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back