• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Starts at the Top

Feel free to go down that rabbit hole. Frost will be here next season. There will be no chicken poop pretext used to try and cheat him out of his buyout.

Can you imagine trying to woo a coach to come here after trying to cheat the last coach out of his buyout?

Nebraska has fired 2 coach’s with 9/3 records in the last 20 years. That is what scares coaches away. Scott has not done the university any favors In regards to public perceptions. Heck it would not surprise me if a bombshell isn’t dropped soon about his personal life affecting his job performance. (lots of rumors) I think the longer we retain this man the longer we stay in football purgatory

Nebraska has fired 2 coach’s with 9/3 records in the last 20 years. That is what scares coaches away. Scott has not done the university any favors In regards to public perceptions. Heck it would not surprise me if a bombshell isn’t dropped soon about his personal life affecting his job performance. (lots of rumors) I think the longer we retain this man the longer we stay in football purgatory
I think coaches are fairly intelligent. The people who where here when Frank got let go are all gone. Nebraska cleaned house after Riley was fired also. Pelini did get seven years. I’m not saying he should have been fired but at least he got almost a decade. I don’t think coaches are scared off because of those two firings anymore. We just kept a 3-9 coach. I think the coaches realize Nebraska isn’t the same administration that fired those guys.

Feel free to go down that rabbit hole. Frost will be here next season. There will be no chicken poop pretext used to try and cheat him out of his buyout.

Can you imagine trying to woo a coach to come here after trying to cheat the last coach out of his buyout?
Yea that won’t happen. If anything I’m a little worried this renegotiation could have negative effects on a potential replacement. But it shouldn’t because if Scott Frost is let go after 5 years most coaches would look at his record and understand.

Ive done my soul searching like you asked. I still don’t believe Husker football will end if we have to hire a new coach next year vice this year.
Maybe you should heed your own advice and not make up words posters don’t write. Nobody has literally said Husker football will end if we keep SF one more year. At most some of them have said it will end as we know it which probably already has.

What most are saying is why continue down that path for another year when the opportunity exists to recreate hope with another staff at a level we can’t get from the current staff.

Is there a person here that didn't think hiring Frost was the best hire? I was a fan and thought he would be the person to turn us around. Looking back, I believe his first mistake was bringing his staff with him. They were not prepared to handle the BIG. Maybe he should have made staff changes earlier. This team seems to expect something bad to happen in the 4th qtr and lose. Is it a team mentality? Will this change next year with new offensive staff? I don't believe so. I wish we would have just parted ways and moved on. I would love for HCSF to make big improvements next year, but after 4 years of the same results, I don't see it happening. Yes we were move competitive this year, but in the end you have to win the games. If it was anyone else other than SF, are they still here next year?

Yes.
However, did not Iowa show you that one of the key differences between 10-2 and 3-9 is turnover margin?
The defense had four opportunities to come up with important interceptions and converted NONE of them. Three of those missed opportunities directly led to Iowa field goals....

I specific goal of Chins defense is forcing turnovers and they just have not done that this year. :(
It'd be helpful for turnover margin if our offense also turned the ball over less...

Yes, we had many opportunities to come away with turnovers, but if that is your biggest indictment of the defense, then you are proving the point it has come a long way from where they were 4-5 years ago. We were complaining back then about complete ineptitude tackling and getting to the ball carrier.

It's been 20 years bud. Trust me. Expectations were reset a long time ago.
The expectation was always 9 wins or bust.....until we started firing coaches after they won 9 games. But we can do that, because, you know, we're Nebraska. Or something like that.

It'd be helpful for turnover margin if our offense also turned the ball over less...

Yes, we had many opportunities to come away with turnovers, but if that is your biggest indictment of the defense, then you are proving the point it has come a long way from where they were 4-5 years ago. We were complaining back then about complete ineptitude tackling and getting to the ball carrier.
Maybe not:
2019:
Offense: 9 INT; 10 Fumbles
Defense: 11 INT; 10 Fumble recovery
Turnover margin: 0.0

Chin's best defensive effort at DONU for getting turnovers like he wants the defense to do.
Been down hill since then.
GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back