• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Starts at the Top

denisonred

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
When the staff changes were announced I was all for that. But seeing us lose two more games with the same bonehead mistakes has me rethinking. Trev made the right decision from a financial position but not sure not firing SF now wont cost us more in the long run. Recruiting will be a disaster the next couple years and we could lose several to the portal. Plus I do not see Scott letting anyone have complete control of the offense.

When the staff changes were announced I was all for that. But seeing us lose two more games with the same bonehead mistakes has me rethinking. Trev made the right decision from a financial position but not sure not firing SF now wont cost us more in the long run. Recruiting will be a disaster the next couple years and we could lose several to the portal. Plus I do not see Scott letting anyone have complete control of the offense.
It's the Holiday Spirit :)

1638027801011.png

Last edited:
We are so far gone right now, it’s a years-long rebuild either way. And I mean to get to 7,8,9 wins. Consistently. Forget championships. Husker fans need to re-set expectations.

Not sure it was right from a financial standpoint, the damage is done. Thanks Trev.

Thank goodness we have yet another bitch and moan post…it was getting too rainbows and unicorns in here.

Maybe the Negatives Nancy folks can explain why some felt the coaching dismissals were a step in the right direction. However, the fact that we are still seeing similar results the last 2 weeks WITHOUT actually having replacements hired or working with the players, is now a horrible sign, I’m curious as to what you all expected?

Does anyone remember how much we thought the defense would take years to become the Blackshirts again after Bohl? Yet Pelini changed attitudes almost immediately. And the Solich offense of QB run left, right and up the middle changed dramatically the first year with a new Coordinator. Can we just have a tiny bit of patience to see if the changes can have an impact?

Thank goodness we have yet another bitch and moan post…it was getting too rainbows and unicorns in here.

Maybe the Negatives Nancy folks can explain why some felt the coaching dismissals were a step in the right direction. However, the fact that we are still seeing similar results the last 2 weeks WITHOUT actually having replacements hired or working with the players, is now a horrible sign, I’m curious as to what you all expected?

Does anyone remember how much we thought the defense would take years to become the Blackshirts again after Bohl? Yet Pelini changed attitudes almost immediately. And the Solich offense of QB run left, right and up the middle changed dramatically the first year with a new Coordinator. Can we just have a tiny bit of patience to see if the changes can have an impact?
Our defense has sucked since the Purdue game.

One TD against our D yesterday.
Yes.
However, did not Iowa show you that one of the key differences between 10-2 and 3-9 is turnover margin?
The defense had four opportunities to come up with important interceptions and converted NONE of them. Three of those missed opportunities directly led to Iowa field goals....

I specific goal of Chins defense is forcing turnovers and they just have not done that this year. :(

Yes.
However, did not Iowa show you that one of the key differences between 10-2 and 3-9 is turnover margin?
The defense had four opportunities to come up with important interceptions and converted NONE of them. Three of those missed opportunities directly led to Iowa field goals....

I specific goal of Chins defense is forcing turnovers and they just have not done that this year. :(
The TO notion came from the UCF days. I don’t think he’s kept the same style as he’s learned more about the B1G and adapted to it. Of course we needed to take advantage of those potential INTs, but it’s not like we had guys getting beat all over the field, we had people in position to make plays on balls.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back