• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ribeye on the Grill

20240330_181252.jpg

Eagle Rare.
Scalloped Potatoes.
Rib eye.

That was my Easter Dinner for 1.

I throw the Rib eye in the pellet smoker at 300° for about 15-20 minutes (depending on weather) then reverse sear on the Blackstone for 1 minute each side,
This one was closer to medium than medium-rare, but still delicious.

I season my steaks with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder,

I like to smoke my steaks at 225 until internal temp 115, then to the grill for the sear. Appx 2 min side!! It’s been my go to for ribeyes last few yrs
I sometimes smoke my steaks at lower temps for longer periods as well. This past weekend had only a small break in the rain to get it done, so I turned it up some.

Buy I agree that I seem to get the best results with this method.

View attachment 106029
Eagle Rare.
Scalloped Potatoes.
Rib eye.

I throw the Rib eye in the pellet smoker at 300° for about 15-20 minutes (depending on weather) then reverse sear on the Blackstone for 1 minute each side,

View attachment 106029
Eagle Rare.
Scalloped Potatoes.
Rib eye.

View attachment 106029
Eagle Rare.
Scalloped Potatoes.
Rib eye.

Looks really good, just curious, what are the ingredients in glass on left?

How thick?
I won’t bother with a ribeye under an inch. Prefer 1.5 but I’m on a carnivore diet and eat only ribeyes and strips. I also like my steaks rare. Another tip is let the steaks temper on the counter for 1 hour prior to cooking. I know people who smoke them and love them that way but I don’t have a $500 plus smoker. Cook mine on a $60 Lowes charcoal grill.

0cda331d074f147fd92e697777ad557f-jpg.106019

This will outperform almost every grill tool in the nation for the first 3/4ths of cooking, and then it will fall apart in the final minutes and your neighbor's steak will taste exactly 1-to-3 points better.
So, we set the standard for falling 3 points short of the perfect steak?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back