• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ribeye on the Grill

Already great advice in this thread ... One item I personally find super helpful is a very good meat thermometer. I find that there's real variability to your grill temp that can be influenced by several factors. I like to go with a high heat sear on one side to start, usually around 3 minutes. Then I flip it on an indirect method, turning the steak every 3 minutes, checking the temp after the second turn. I'm a big fan of the thermapen.

View attachment 106060
Good thermometer is key

Already great advice in this thread ... One item I personally find super helpful is a very good meat thermometer. I find that there's real variability to your grill temp that can be influenced by several factors. I like to go with a high heat sear on one side to start, usually around 3 minutes. Then I flip it on an indirect method, turning the steak every 3 minutes, checking the temp after the second turn. I'm a big fan of the thermapen.

View attachment 106060
Man that’s a lot of opening and closing the grill

Not really.

You're likely way better at smoking meats than I am, but I wouldn't want to smoke a ribeye personally. I would be a bit worried about messing it up. Tenderloin, prime rib, roast ... All day long, but a ribeye I would be a bit nervous.

You're likely way better at smoking meats than I am, but I wouldn't want to smoke a ribeye personally. I would be a bit worried about messing it up. Tenderloin, prime rib, roast ... All day long, but a ribeye I would be a bit nervous.
I would smoke a whole prime rib.
Not a piece sliced off.
Would Grill that. Preferably over charcoal

Don't have a smoker but maybe I need to invest in one from all the good info everyone is providing.
Ben-Stiller-Do-It-Starsky-and-Hutch.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back