• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ribeye on the Grill

Anyone and everyone, any help with tips how to grill the perfect ribeye would be appreciated. I heard about the reverse sear on here and wanted to know if anyone has any great secrets. Thank you in advance.

0cda331d074f147fd92e697777ad557f.jpg

Heat to 120 in the oven then grill. Grill long enough for appropriate crust. Salt and butter while it rests 5 min after grilling. This works best with thick cuts when you may worry about reaching min internal temp.

Heat to 120 in the oven then grill. Grill long enough for appropriate crust. Salt and butter while it rests 5 min after grilling. This works best with thick cuts when you may worry about reaching min internal temp.
I go to 110, then pull and rest for 15'ish. Get the grill to 450/500 and 2'ish minutes each side.

I salt the day before if i can and let it sit open in the fridge. Dries out the crust to make it yummier.

I bring my grill to sear temp (about 500 deg).

Salt & Pepper only. Steak should be at room temp before putting it on the grill. Don't put it on the grill cold right out of the fridge.

Cook on each side about 3 minutes. Adjust time for your preferred doneness. I like mine more on the rare/medium rare side.

Remove from the grill and wrap in foil. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes (off the grill). This step is very important and gives you some time to cook side dishes. Your steak will continue to cook slowly and the juices will become more evenly distributed. When served your steak will be a nice medium rare with a tasty sear.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I bring my grill to sear temp (about 500 deg).

Salt & Pepper only. Steak should be at room temp before putting it on the grill. Don't put it on the grill cold right out of the fridge.

Cook on each side about 3 minutes. Adjust time for your preferred doneness. I like mine more on the rare/medium rare side.

Remove from the grill and wrap in foil. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes (off the grill). This step is very important and gives you some time to cook side dishes. Your steak will continue to cook slowly and the juices will become more evenly distributed. When served your steak will be a nice medium rare with a tasty sear.

Enjoy.
Does this make the crust soggy at all? I haven't done the start high, go low method is decades.

Does this make the crust soggy at all? I haven't done the start high, go low method is decades.

It's a nice juicy flavorful crust much like you would get at steakhouse. If you are talking about a dry crispy crust then no, it doesn't come out like that.

The high heat usually causes flaming as the juices drip on the burners which adds to the crust. I usually let mine burn for at least a little while for more char. My wife doesn't like that so I don't let hers sit in the flames. I take mine off before hers because the flames cook it a little faster. It's personal choice.

Mine would turn out more like this.
perfect-sear-1024x637.jpg

While hers would look more like this.
diamond-grill-marks.png

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back