• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Rex Burkhead's name permanently displayed at Memorial Stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
OK maybe he didn't win the Heisman or any MNCs with his team, but this guy should never be forgotten.

I will go all out here and say I believe Rex helped resurrect this program from the dark years back to national relevance. As I think back of all of the game saving runs, scores, blocks, throws, and catches this guy made, he really IS superman wearing red.

I hope in future years I will see the name REX BURKHEAD permanently displayed at Memorial. This guy is true Husker.

His name will be on the wall somewhere in the stadium from being All-Conference last year.

That's about it.

OK maybe he didn't win the Heisman or any MNCs with his team, but this guy should never be forgotten.

I will go all out here and say I believe Rex helped resurrect this program from the dark years back to national relevance. As I think back of all of the game saving runs, scores, blocks, throws, and catches this guy made, he really IS superman wearing red.

I hope in future years I will see the name REX BURKHEAD permanently displayed at Memorial. This guy is true Husker.

Agree. Might just happen.

So go buy a #22 jersey if you love him so much... :lol:

No, I'm a big fan of Rex too, but his legacy is what it is. I suspect he'll do big things beyond college, so I'm not worried about his contributions being forgotten. I could see him coming back here and coaching after an NFL career. I could also see him successfully going into politics (but I hope he chooses to do something worthwhile with his talents. :Biggrin: ).

No one will forget Rex, but he doesn't belong with others who accomplished much more on the football field. Let's be happy that he seems healthy now and we have him for 2 more games.

His name will never be forgotten; he will be mentioned many times over the years. Just being talked about puts him up with the best.

Thanks for all you did for Nebraska, Rex. We all know, without you, we may have lost on Saturday. Somewhere, his name will be honored.

:thumbsup: :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back