• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Questions for Native and Coronavirus discussion Thread

The news keep saying that people should not use masks because they are not effective at preventing you from getting the virus and then they turn right around and say we need to save the masks for the medical professionals to keep them safe.

While I support getting the masks to the professionals, this is a mixed message. Are they just assuming the general public will wear the mask incorrectly making it ineffective?

Only an N95 mask properly used will help stop airborne virus, it seems. Not reusable if exposed.

They need every one they can get on the front line, so they don’t want the general public trying to purchase them and basically now you can’t purchase them. Every hospital is begging for people to send them to them if you have any.

Omaha sewing group making cloth masks to put over them so they can launder/sterlize those and not dispose each mask, UNMC also developing method to sterilize them, per OWH.

What are the chances we’ll eventually get a message like this in the U.S.?

Nationally almost Zero chance. Trump last night said he would leave those decisions to Governors and Mayors. Remember many countries in Europe are smaller than about half the states in the USA. So what works there will rarely work in the same way as here. I believe Cuomo has already done this for NY.

Nationally almost Zero chance. Trump last night said he would leave those decisions to Governors and Mayors. Remember many countries in Europe are smaller than about half the states in the USA. So what works there will rarely work in the same way as here. I believe Cuomo has already done this for NY.

I agree, it makes no sense for Nebraska to do what they are doing in New York, their circumstances are totally different.

When Trump said words to the affect, we can't let the cure be worse then the disease, I felt he's shifting some in the direction of the economy, which will probably put him at odds with the doctor. But the doctor looks only at the health aspect, Trump has to look at both.

I'd guess when Trump's 15 day deal is over, I believe at the end of this week, he will move to a state by state stance, letting each state make decisions based on the conditions in their state. But at the same time recommending they leave many of the restrictions in place for a while longer.

One thing they will look at. Places like Singapore had almost no cases because early on they shut everything down. But now that it's passing they have opened things back up, and all of a sudden they saw cases starting over again. The thought is people are now coming back to Singapore and bringing it back with them.

Sorry if this was already asked. Is there any information regarding whether mosquitoes will be vectors for the Covid-19 virus? I don't hear of people getting the flu from mosquitoes; but, Zika and West Nile were passed my mosquitoes.

Only an N95 mask properly used will help stop airborne virus, it seems. Not reusable if exposed.

They need every one they can get on the front line, so they don’t want the general public trying to purchase them and basically now you can’t purchase them. Every hospital is begging for people to send them to them if you have any.

Omaha sewing group making cloth masks to put over them so they can launder/sterlize those and not dispose each mask, UNMC also developing method to sterilize them, per OWH.

Random ? – I've got a couple of the dual-cartridge 3M style masks for home improvement. I think they're N95 rated, but was reading on a site that they don't work for medical use, because they have one-way vents, and the moisture in the exhale can cause "drainage" – for lack of a better term – from the bottom of the mask. Do hospitals want this style?

Last edited:
Not sure which thread I mentioned it the other day. But I said you may see people decide to move out of cities.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is not life as usual.<br><br>There is a density level in NYC that is destructive.<br><br>It has to stop and it has to stop now.<br><br>NYC must develop an immediate plan to reduce density.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/StayAtHome?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#StayAtHome</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) <a href="">March 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back