• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Questions for Native and Coronavirus discussion Thread

Hey @Native, the coronavirus evolution video you posted in the locked thread :thumbsup: showed a figure in which the R0 in the US is way higher than in Italy or Spain (and higher than in most other countries). That surprised me, and is pretty damned scary. It would be nice to know whether that is based on older data, prior to isolation measures in the US, or whether that represents the current state of affairs.

I'd have to go back and listen again. Maybe will tomorrow. R0 going to have a variety of assumptions at this point. So he likely has a more updated, recent source, or someone who used a different set of assumptions. Like most of this, until antibody tests show who was exposed, no one has a clue, given the asymptotic nature of the infection in a large percentage of individuals.

Hey @Native, the coronavirus evolution video you posted in the locked thread :thumbsup: showed a figure in which the R0 in the US is way higher than in Italy or Spain (and higher than in most other countries). That surprised me, and is pretty damned scary. It would be nice to know whether that is based on older data, prior to isolation measures in the US, or whether that represents the current state of affairs.

Here is a thread fro you @Plague of Crickets

These two videos are a little long, but excellent in terms of breaking down what is happening with the virus, especially what it does in the body and why it is so deadly. He gets a little technical towards the end of part 1, but he explains the physiology really well!

If this thing was mosquito borne in addition to being contact and airborne from an aerosolized standpoint, it would be freaking nasty. The only good thing about it is it's hitting the Northern Hemisphere before the temps put us in full blown mosquito season.
Still a media driven event?

The panic? Yes. I never said the virus or to use your term ‘event’ wasn’t happening.

Go to CNN, read the headlines and front page links and tell me they’re not still blatantly politicizing this.
Politicizing wasn’t part of the discussion a week ago. It was about the pandemic which you grossly dismissed. Besides I try to avoid CNN like the ...... lol, never mind.

You’re full of it. It was part of the discussion. Still is.
Shouldn’t be. This is a disease that shows no boundaries. One that will take a concentrated effort just to mildly control. Sadly the administration (and the media) leads the public straight to the political trough. Nothing but weaknesses and personal agendas. And you are buying hook, line and sinker.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t be. This is a disease that shows no boundaries. One that will take a concentrated effort just to mildly control. Sadly the administration (and the media) leads the public straight to the political trough. Nothing but weaknesses and personal agendas. And you are buying hook, line and sinker.

I’m the one NOT buying it.

This thread isn’t for this. If you want to make this about me, let’s do it elsewhere.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back