• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OT. Walter Rouse Is N (Transfer From Stanford) Update: Flips To OU

With his experience he should be fine as long as he is ready for summer conditioning and fall camp. Smart guy that can take mental reps in the spring and heal up.

Jeremy Pernell is going to start looking more and more like an idiot as the days pass...

Pernell's main reason for "scratching his head" over retaining Raiola was that he is deficient at recruiting...lol. As if you even need him to recruit well immediately when your head coach is the best OL recruiter/developer likely in the country. Wonder if Donovan has been learning anything new on how to recruit while going on all these vists amongst his new co-workers (90% of which are great-to-elite recruiters)...Pernell also is dumbfounded on why Raiola didn't find first year success as a run-blocking OL coach underneath a pass-happy Coordinator with subpar talent (B1G-wise).

*scratches head on how some writers really reach on finding crap to write about

Last edited:
Jeremy Pernell is going to start looking more and more like an idiot as the days pass...

Pernell's main reason for "scratching his head" over retaining Raiola was that he is deficient at recruiting...lol. As if you even need him to recruit well immediately when your head coach is the best OL recruiter/developer likely in the country. Wonder if Donovan has been learning anything new on how to recruit while going on all these vists amongst his new co-workers (90% of which are great-to-elite recruiters)...Pernell also is dumbfounded on why Raiola didn't find first year success as a run-blocking OL coach underneath a pass-happy Coordinator with subpar talent (B1G-wise).

N2FL is not an idiot. He doesn't have to write about Nebraska or our coaching staff. He chooses to because we have a passionate fan base and he's not wildly off the mark on this article. There were tons of people commenting (both in media and on here) on the decision to retain Raiola as being a bit of a head scratcher - it's not like this is some unique outlier. There were also people willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given the string of injuries, suspensions, and turmoil we had last season.

And just to be clear... are you saying Rhule is the best OL recruiter/developer in the country? What info do you have to back up that claim?

I read is working on biomechanics engineering, but I haven't notice if anyone has said is a grad transfer? or is he really gonna trade in Stanford on the diploma?

I read is working on biomechanics engineering, but I haven't notice if anyone has said is a grad transfer? or is he really gonna trade in Stanford on the diploma?

I'd be shocked if he leaves Stanford without his degree. Simply getting into Stanford usually requires a high school graduate to already have a significant amount of college coursework completed (or equivalent, such as AP and/or IB credits), so it's not uncommon for an incoming student to already have approximately a full year of course credits already completed. He's been at Stanford for four years, and he would have had opportunities to take summer school classes, so I can't imagine that he would be able to pull off that GPA in that major, yet NOT graduate before transferring. How many places can offer a more valuable biomechanics engineering degree than Stanford's?

Last edited:
Doesn't appear to be a graduate transfer.

Rouse has yet to graduate from Stanford — he began taking the minimum academic requirements as he focused on the NFL, he said — but made clear to his suitors he will return to complete his Cardinal degree whenever his football career ends. He eventually wants to pursue a masters in mechanical engineering.

Last edited:

Building an OL from the transfer portal is a stopgap solution, not something we want to rely on for long term success. If we want to establish elite OL play it has to come from bringing in talented recruits from high school and coaching them up to be a cohesive unit. If Raiola has shown that he is able to do that I must have missed it, please share with me and @N2FL so we can both learn.

As for the subpar talent, we have 3 tackles that were 4 star recruits. We are not deficient at talent, we are deficient at development. I won't argue that Whipple didn't put Raiola and the OL in a tough spot with his play calling, but when you have lineman that routinely get beat without even putting a hand on their guy that's not a playcalling issue.

Raiola has not shown he can recruit from the high school ranks at a high level, and he has not shown he can develop players either. The concerns are valid.

:Sign2cents::poop:

Building an OL from the transfer portal is a stopgap solution, not something we want to rely on for long term success. If we want to establish elite OL play it has to come from bringing in talented recruits from high school and coaching them up to be a cohesive unit. If Raiola has shown that he is able to do that I must have missed it, please share with me and @N2FL so we can both learn.

As for the subpar talent, we have 3 tackles that were 4 star recruits. We are not deficient at talent, we are deficient at development. I won't argue that Whipple didn't put Raiola and the OL in a tough spot with his play calling, but when you have lineman that routinely get beat without even putting a hand on their guy that's not a playcalling issue.

Raiola has not shown he can recruit from the high school ranks at a high level, and he has not shown he can develop players either. The concerns are valid.

:Sign2cents::poop:
Building an OL from the transfer portal is definitely a stopgap solution and I agree it's not for the long term, but after winning 4,3,3 and 5 games over the past 4 years, maybe it's not the coaches? We need help and we need it now. To continue to tout the existing linemen is ignoring the results.

Building an OL from the transfer portal is definitely a stopgap solution and I agree it's not for the long term, but after winning 4,3,3 and 5 games over the past 4 years, maybe it's not the coaches? We need help and we need it now. To continue to tout the existing linemen is ignoring the results.
This one post shows clearly just how far we have fallen. We won 15 games over the last 4 years.. Georgia won 15 games this year alone.

Not having any experience in recruiting is vastly different from being deficient.Raiola was added to last years staff at late when recruiting was pretty much over for 22,Coming from NFL back ground had no track record recruiting but was listed as lead recruiter for 4 linemen in 23 class. Coach Ruhle obviously saw something there that so called experts didn't.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back