• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OT. Walter Rouse Is N (Transfer From Stanford) Update: Flips To OU

I just read he is recovering from a torn labrum and can't practice until fall. So this could be an issue. Some players have real issues recovering from that

Of all the shoulder repairs I had, the torn labrum was the easiest to recover from. If he was a pitcher or QB and the repair was in his throwing arm, it would likely be a longer burn to 100%, but if he has had a repair, he should be fine.

Edit:

After reading the McKeon article and reading '4-6 months' the tear had to be complete. I was 100% after rotator cuff in around 6 months.

Last edited:

Of all the shoulder repairs I had, the torn labrum was the easiest to recover from. If he was a pitcher or QB and the repair was in his throwing arm, it would likely be a longer burn to 100%, but if he has had a repair, he should be fine.

Edit:

After reading the McKeon article and reading '4-6 months' the tear had to be complete. I was 100% after rotator cuff in around 6 months.
It is my understanding the location of the labrum tear impacts the recovery timeline. I tore mine a few years ago and I want to say it was a 6 month recovery. I never got all my strength back but I got close.

It is my understanding the location of the labrum tear impacts the recovery timeline. I tore mine a few years ago and I want to say it was a 6 month recovery. I never got all my strength back but I got close.

I know everyone, every injury and every surgery/rehab is different, but I had a Type 2 in my right shoulder and what is I think called a ‘Bankhart’ or type 5 in my left. The type 5 repair did take longer and required ‘maintenance’ through flexibility and small muscle work after rehab, but I was 100% in less than four months. That was in my mid 40’s.

You trying to chase players away? - I thought Benhart showed significant improvement towards the end of the year - like the lights were going on - I think he is going to get better and continue to be integral to things moving forward. Competition will be great for all of them. We really need 10 guys who are able to start - or at least not have significant drop offs between 1 and 2's and allow the younger guys to develop instead of trial by fire like Benhart, Prohazcka and Corcoran. Rhule is building depth - love the additions.
I tend to agree and with Rhule being here, Benhart and Corcoran have a much better chance to develop as good linemen. They weren't good in 2022, but Benhart showed slight improvement at the end, but he had nowhere to go but up. In all reality, Prohaska is not sure thing as we've really only seen him in spurts, plus we really don't know how he will come back from his injury. My hope is that 2 of these three tackles (Corcoran, Benhart and Prohaska) develop into a decent tackle.

Can't stress enough the LOS gets in this class. Our biggest problems last year were both sides of the LOS. Rhule going right after it.

I know everyone, every injury and every surgery/rehab is different, but I had a Type 2 in my right shoulder and what is I think called a ‘Bankhart’ or type 5 in my left. The type 5 repair did take longer and required ‘maintenance’ through flexibility and small muscle work after rehab, but I was 100% in less than four months. That was in my mid 40’s.
Great strides have have happened in medicine. Your recovery time was amazing for what you experienced in the 80s.

Cheesy grin emoji

Last edited:

Technology has made labrum and rotator cuff repair much faster and less invasive for sure. Same with ACL, TJ, etc.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back