• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Open @Ohio State

The two teams that are most ready to play right now. I love it. And I think it will be "closer than the experts think". If nothing else, Day will have mercy on his brothers in arms (if it should get out of hand).
Disagree. Day will run up the score if he can. With a shortened season he needs all the style points he can get to try and get his team into the playoff.

And that’s fine. We would do the same given the circumstances and no big deal anyway. We Nebraskans have become so completely gun shy looking for any little tiny thing to give us an advantage and biting our nails. Our football simply has to get better. And the only way it gets better is to build a program that will last with a stable coach and play top-notch competition. We should never be afraid of that. If we take some lumps while we are doing it, tough. Look at our roster....it is absolutely completely dominated by freshman, red shirt freshman and sophomore‘s. It’s going to take a few more years I think and we need to be patient. Good News is that this is kind of a free hall pass year anyway and thank the good Lord we are at least playing! This year is going to be fun and exciting and interesting and at least it’s going to happen! I’m tired of biting my nails, grinding my teeth, and throwing pillows at the TV screen. This year I’m going to sit back and enjoy! And if we surprise.....GRAVY!

Last edited:
Nebraska gets PSU and OSU. Wisconsin gets Michigan and Indiana. Gophers get Maryland and Michigan. Iowa gets PSU and Michigan State. They definitely stacked it against us but I expected them give us the most difficult schedule possible. That's fine. The best way to answer that would be to knock off OSU or PSU. I don't mind catching tOSU and the Badgers early, though.

There is some balance in that Nebraska gets two of those three (Wisconsin and Minnesota) in Lincoln. Granted, it won't be the typical homefield environment and advantage. The Wisconsin game was originally scheduled to be in Madison -- so the pre-Covid schedule had two of those three on the road. Minnesota and Wisconsin only get 1 of the competing 3 in the West at home.

Last edited:

It will be interesting for sure. You will never know if your opponent is 100% healthy. Or even who the starters are going to be week to week.

Last edited:

Disagree. Day will run up the score if he can. With a shortened season he needs all the style points he can get to try and get his team into the playoff.
This is true. We also have a struggling starting QB working to regain his confidence and 2 young pups behind him. I'm just anxious to see if we can field a team that will execute and fight for the 60 minutes. That said, I'm not going to waive might right to complain if we do happen to lose a close one. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back