• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Open @Ohio State

agree on the no-fans issue. What little of the pre-season college games being played now that I have watched, no fans seems to have taken away home field advantage-just my perspective. It's hard to gauge completely when looking at Citadel vs home team clemson and USF at ND...guess time will tell over the course of the season if it is true.

I’d say that without fans rooting for Home teams, there is basically no Homefield advantage. Certainly, so far in the NFL, it looks like the better team has won, whether it is at home or away. Should be same thing in college

I think the lack of home field advantage will be very important for this season. By the time the season starts at OSU, it will be 11 months since the guys last played a game! I don't care how many weeks there are to prepare for an opponent, that's a big hurdle for a team that has proven to struggle facing off against one of the best teams in the country. At least without a crowd there won't be the added intimidation factor.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back