• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Open @Ohio State

I am leaning towards this sentiment. To BE the best, you need to BEAT the best.
A struggling, rebuilding program doesn't need to get piled on like this. Maybe it's good for NU long term, but I'm not convinced. If you care about the team's record and chance to win a division title this season, then you can't be happy with this. In what world does it makes sense for the West's 4th or 5th best team to draw the East's top two teams when there are only two crossovers.

It's been like this since we joined the Big 10. I hate this conference.

Nebraska gets PSU and OSU. Wisconsin gets Michigan and Indiana. Gophers get Maryland and Michigan. Iowa gets PSU and Michigan State. They definitely stacked it against us but I expected them give us the most difficult schedule possible. That's fine. The best way to answer that would be to knock off OSU or PSU. I don't mind catching tOSU and the Badgers early, though.

Last edited:

FRIGGING Gameday will be in Columbus....

The whole Dog and Pony Show.....

The DRAMA...the two schools that arguable brought back Big 10 football ...both renowned names to the sport...square off in a friendly grudge match. WHO WILL WIN!

And they will analyze it ad nauseum all the while praising Warren and the BiG.

HILARIOUS!

TBF....this is a win, win, win for Nebraska

Free hall pass year anyway
nobody expects us to do crap
we get the added publicity
It drives into future recruits and their parents brains that Nebraska is damn SERIOUS about college football
it seasons a very young team
we get to ACTUALLY PLAY his year
Annnnd the possibility of a surprise!

what’s there not to like?

That’s good. For the first time in 5 years we will meet expectations. :thumbsup:

I really don’t care if we play the Buckeyes first or last or all eight games....let’s just play ball
We need to work on ourselves and our identity as a program. Get back to being the most physical team on the field, week in, week out!
True. No bitching or complaining. Make yourself known by your deeds.

No fans also helps immensely.

A non-home-crowd didn't seem to bother tOSU much last year.

Hopefully the Huskers show up enthused and with a good plan . . . and play loose. All things considered, might be best to get the Buckeyes right out of the gate and maybe they have some rust and we play over our heads a little. Regardless, gotta play and compete with the big boys to get back to being one of the big boys someday. Get after it.

The two teams that are most ready to play right now. I love it. And I think it will be "closer than the experts think". If nothing else, Day will have mercy on his brothers in arms (if it should get out of hand).

A struggling, rebuilding program doesn't need to get piled on like this. Maybe it's good for NU long term, but I'm not convinced. If you care about the team's record and chance to win a division title this season, then you can't be happy with this. In what world does it makes sense for the West's 4th or 5th best team to draw the East's top two teams when there are only two crossovers.

It's been like this since we joined the Big 10. I hate this conference.

I get your sentiment, I think it’s a bit shady of the B1G to do schedule wise, but I’m pretty excited to see us play. It seemed a dead prospect 3 weeks ago. Plus, let’s see what this team can do and who better to measure that against than the top teams. ‍♂️

All things considered, might be best to get the Buckeyes right out of the gate and maybe they have some rust and we play over our heads a little.
Reminds me of my last year running track. I was set to run the mile against Steve Scott early in the season. I figured it was a good opportunity to improve on my 4:07 mile, you know, catch Steve before he gets in shape. They screwed up and put me in The wrong race, so I just watched the mile that day. Watched him easily run 3:53 and embarrass my friends.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back