• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Only 2 B1G Presidents voted to play: NU and Iowa

For the life of me I cant see how they can justify cancelling one (football/other fall sports) but still have students in class/dorms/campus? I would think the players would be better off since they will get the crap tested out of them. Are colleges going to testy EVERY SINGLE STUDENT?
They tested on move in day but I think that’s it. I respect their efforts, but it’s probably for optics to a degree. As soon as the kid moves around society they are potentially exposed. I’m just glad they’re willing to give kids the option to go to school. I wish we could give players the same option to play their sports.

I don't know if there is any truth to this but my counterpart in Knoxville just came back from lunch. He heard on a local radio station that the SEC has reached out to Nebraska and Iowa regarding joining an SEC rotation. I'm sure he heard it but not sure how credible the source was and even if Nebraska could still play if the B1G votes not to.

I wouldn't doubt the SEC reached out. No clue if we can make it happen.

Truth is, once the Big Ten (and apparently Pac-12 also tomorrow) announce they are shutting it down, what was going to be a season with a giant asterisk beside it is going to be a full-on exhibition season for those who do still play (if any do). Still, it would be fun to see Nebraska play a few SEC teams.

Can you imagine the backlash from the BIG if Nebraska and Iowa play and the rest do not. YIKES, there would be some serious hatred next year.

I wouldn't doubt the SEC reached out. No clue if we can make it happen.

Truth is, once the Big Ten (and apparently Pac-12 also tomorrow) announce they are shutting it down, what was going to be a season with a giant asterisk beside it is going to be a full-on exhibition season for those who do still play (if any do). Still, it would be fun to see Nebraska play a few SEC teams.
Apparently they could be courting Texas and Oklahoma as well. Perhaps they are looking outside the box and at least for one season putting a conference together with an SEC base but including outliers that can and will still play. Maybe a 4 division conference with 6 in each conference that included cross over games.

Apparently they could be courting Texas and Oklahoma as well. Perhaps they are looking outside the box and at least for one season putting a conference together with an SEC base but including outliers that can and will still play. Maybe a 4 division conference with 6 in each conference that included cross over games.

UT and OU -- well, unless/until the Big 12 cancels, I see absolutely no way they can do that. One thing to leave when your conference cancels on you. But joining another conference "temporarily" while your own conference is still active -- that can't happen.

I don't want to risk politics in the main forum, but I'll simply add that when it comes to the B1G making plans for football, I'm getting the notion that the presidents/chancellors of these universities are the usual academic-types while the football coaches tend to be more blue-collar, work-ethic sorts of guys.

It makes sense to me that the socially-connected big wigs would be in favor of shutting things down, while the guys in the trenches actually want to play ball.

I don't want to risk politics in the main forum, but I'll simply add that when it comes to the B1G making plans for football, I'm getting the notion that the presidents/chancellors of these universities are the usual academic-types while the football coaches tend to be more blue-collar, work-ethic sorts of guys.

It makes sense to me that the socially-connected big wigs would be in favor of shutting things down, while the guys in the trenches actually want to play ball.

That isn't political, and you did a good job of keeping it that way. :)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back