• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Only 2 B1G Presidents voted to play: NU and Iowa

Everyone was focusing on whether conferences would buck the NCAA and play if the NCAA didn't operate, now I guess the next domino is whether schools can buck their conferences and play independently scheduled stuff if the conference doesn't operate.

Hopefully if anybody's playing anywhere, NU gets in on that deal somehow.
I’m guessing the other power 5 conferences will follow the Big 10 and cancel their seasons. The NFL could be the only hope for any football. Maybe the XFL too. The CFL also of you count those Manitoba size fields as football.

I understand that there is a "political thread" on Huskermax--who are we kidding, with this announcement. EVERYTHING is political. I wore a black hoodie (in a mid-southern state) and folks looked at me like they were "scared to death," just to see the color black. Black is an accent color for the Huskers--I have a lot of Husker gear as an homage to the Blackshirts, etc. Getting back to the issue(s) at hand: Trust me, after Nov. 3 this year, we won't be hearing much about the pandemic. Politics, not a vaccine, will "kill" the pandemic!

Yes, what exactly happened between when the schedules were released and Sat.? The BIG got scared just because the MAC cancelled? Why are Iowa and Nebraska the only two who still want to play? I don't understand that. I'm guessing this is the presidents of the other schools saying they don't want to play, and not the coaches, because I thought Harbaugh and some other coaches were all about playing this year. Hopefully the SEC and ACC still decide to play. If Nebraska can't schedule games with them or the Big 12 then maybe they should just leave the BIG, big $$$ notwithstanding. None of this makes sense; it feels like the BIG got pressured from someone or somewhere to do this all of a sudden, but from who or where?

Kevin Warren will run for Senator from the state of IL, after he decides to leave the BIG, due to conflict with chancellors, etc. He will be elected in a landslide because he is good friends with the governors of IL, MI and WI. Probably NY, OR and WA, also.

Not overly dramatic at all. This could be the catalyst that will change College Football as we know it.
College sports in it's entirety. When the bucks dry up, those sports that are simply a drain on the resources are going to be some very careful scrutiny. I remember years ago when Title IX put several semi popular Men's sports at risk, there was a discussion about creating a 'Club' program, that we see on occasion. That might become a more viable option for some schools and sports going forward.

That means IA and NE play each other 10 times this year. I also think we can play SEC, Big 12 and Pac 12 schools. The BIG can be sued by NE And IA for, "alienation of affection," by being a j.wagon (to quote Kent Pavelka) by cancelling our football season. Moving it to the spring is simply the groom, "kissing the bridesmaid," because there will be reasons to cancel spring, also! City of Omaha needs to also file a lawsuit with the BIG/NCAA, for disallowing them to host the volleyball FINAL FOUR in Omaha in December. Millions of lost revenue dollars to: Lincoln, Omaha, the BIG and NU (as well as all the other schools) for these j.wagon moves!

Yep. Moved my daughter into the dorms at ISU. Thousands of kids there. Some 2 percent tested positive on move in day. Still going forward with that though. But for some reason we can’t let our boys play ball. Shameful.
For the life of me I cant see how they can justify cancelling one (football/other fall sports) but still have students in class/dorms/campus? I would think the players would be better off since they will get the crap tested out of them. Are colleges going to testy EVERY SINGLE STUDENT?

Looking at the number of new cases from yesterday this looks like extreme caution to cancel the season. The BIG is not exactly in the middle of a COVID hotbed.

Illinois 1,382
Indiana 1,041
Maryland 922
Ohio 869
Minnesota 797
Pennsylvania 646
Wisconsin 621
Iowa 553
Michigan 535
Nebraska 328
New Jersey 192

I don't know if there is any truth to this but my counterpart in Knoxville just came back from lunch. He heard on a local radio station that the SEC has reached out to Nebraska and Iowa regarding joining an SEC rotation. I'm sure he heard it but not sure how credible the source was and even if Nebraska could still play if the B1G votes not to.

I don't know if there is any truth to this but my counterpart in Knoxville just came back from lunch. He heard on a local radio station that the SEC has reached out to Nebraska and Iowa regarding joining an SEC rotation. I'm sure he heard it but not sure how credible the source was and even if Nebraska could still play if the B1G votes not to.
Welp, it's happened. The only stranger thing would be if UNL joined the SWC ( and that already happened).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back