• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Only 2 B1G Presidents voted to play: NU and Iowa

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member

Feature-Legends.jpg

Maybe just play 10 Heroes Games this year?

Yes, what exactly happened between when the schedules were released and Sat.? The BIG got scared just because the MAC cancelled? Why are Iowa and Nebraska the only two who still want to play? I don't understand that. I'm guessing this is the presidents of the other schools saying they don't want to play, and not the coaches, because I thought Harbaugh and some other coaches were all about playing this year. Hopefully the SEC and ACC still decide to play. If Nebraska can't schedule games with them or the Big 12 then maybe they should just leave the BIG, big $$$ notwithstanding. None of this makes sense; it feels like the BIG got pressured from someone or somewhere to do this all of a sudden, but from who or where?

Yes, what exactly happened between when the schedules were released and Sat.? The BIG got scared just because the MAC cancelled? Why are Iowa and Nebraska the only two who still want to play? I don't understand that. I'm guessing this is the presidents of the other schools saying they don't want to play, and not the coaches, because I thought Harbaugh and some other coaches were all about playing this year. Hopefully the SEC and ACC still decide to play. If Nebraska can't schedule games with them or the Big 12 then maybe they should just leave the BIG, big $$$ notwithstanding. None of this makes sense; it feels like the BIG got pressured from someone or somewhere to do this all of a sudden, but from who or where?

My guess, lawyers.

@Kobayashi Maru just posted that schools get a one-year waiver if their conference cancels the season. I'd support that idea.

Essentially, it would be a year of exhibition games, but it's still football. At this point, I could care less about the records, bowls or trophies. I just want to see football again.

Side note - I hope you guys loaded up your DVRs with NU games from the BTN marathon yesterday. I had all three of Osborne's title games saved already, but I picked up '97 Mizzou (Shevin Wiggins Foot) and 2013 Penn State. I've also got 2016 Oregon (UO brought flowers for Foltz to Memorial Stadium), 2010 Mizzou (The Roy Helu Show) and our Blackshirt game against Indiana last year.

BTN has been real good about airing old NU games. Hoping to pick up a few more and tide myself over in case the season truly is canceled completely.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back