• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Only 2 B1G Presidents voted to play: NU and Iowa

I don't want to risk politics in the main forum, but I'll simply add that when it comes to the B1G making plans for football, I'm getting the notion that the presidents/chancellors of these universities are the usual academic-types while the football coaches tend to be more blue-collar, work-ethic sorts of guys.

It makes sense to me that the socially-connected big wigs would be in favor of shutting things down, while the guys in the trenches actually want to play ball.
no doubt...

Have played sports and coached... and worked for a large corporation... I would take the advice of a coach any day over a CEO or bureaucrat. But our world no longer cares about discipline & work ethic...it only cares about money and liability.

Last edited:

I don't want to risk politics in the main forum, but I'll simply add that when it comes to the B1G making plans for football, I'm getting the notion that the presidents/chancellors of these universities are the usual academic-types while the football coaches tend to be more blue-collar, work-ethic sorts of guys.

It makes sense to me that the socially-connected big wigs would be in favor of shutting things down, while the guys in the trenches actually want to play ball.
It’s pretty hard to not get political about it at this point. Good post

Not sure what the landscape of college football overall looks like if there is no fall season. One thing that I think I can say with certainty...if NU does not play football, the transfer portal will be on fire and we will be lucky to not lose half the current team. Not necessarily because they could go somewhere else to play, but probably just to get back closer to home until all this crap settles down. Disastrous for the Huskers IMO.

In logical terms, if the B1G school admin is closing down Fall athletics, then they should likewise just close down all on campus teaching and have all classes be taken online. Because if any student catches COVId, they could sue the school for creating an environment that isn’t safe enough. They can’t just limit it to athletics

If you took a poll of coaches and players nationwide, you'd easily find 95%+ of them want to have a season.

At its most basic, childhood level, it's the nerds who are pushing to take things away from the jocks.
1597083988040.png

That means IA and NE play each other 10 times this year. I also think we can play SEC, Big 12 and Pac 12 schools. The BIG can be sued by NE And IA for, "alienation of affection," by being a j.wagon (to quote Kent Pavelka) by cancelling our football season. Moving it to the spring is simply the groom, "kissing the bridesmaid," because there will be reasons to cancel spring, also! City of Omaha needs to also file a lawsuit with the BIG/NCAA, for disallowing them to host the volleyball FINAL FOUR in Omaha in December. Millions of lost revenue dollars to: Lincoln, Omaha, the BIG and NU (as well as all the other schools) for these j.wagon moves!
I am with you. Let the lawsuits commence!!

In logical terms, if the B1G school admin is closing down Fall athletics, then they should likewise just close down all on campus teaching and have all classes be taken online. Because if any student catches COVId, they could sue the school for creating an environment that isn’t safe enough. They can’t just limit it to athletics

Yes, the two would seem to go together...

Not sure what the landscape of college football overall looks like if there is no fall season. One thing that I think I can say with certainty...if NU does not play football, the transfer portal will be on fire and we will be lucky to not lose half the current team. Not necessarily because they could go somewhere else to play, but probably just to get back closer to home until all this crap settles down. Disastrous for the Huskers IMO.
Why would this affect Nebraska anymore than any other team. I would think that the LOW number of cases in Nebraska would support more Huskers staying and those in the hot zones transferring. I think you may be trying to find the doom and gloom in this and that you somehow think is unique to our team. I don't see it.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back