• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Purdue (11/2/19 ) BTN Tailgate in West Lafayette

What Californication said. You call a pansy-ass style of game, and you’ll get pansy-ass players. Especially in this league.

this is Bill Callahan brutal getting woodshedded by Texas Tech and Kansas, ******* Kansas. Purdue is missing their entire team and beat us.

To be clear, we are at the rock bottom of misery (or will be at the end of third 4-8 season).

I was trying to point out that people seem to be misremembering the past; suggesting it has been this way for 10-20 or even 30 years. The situation today is far worse than any point since TO’s retirement. Even a single game woodshedding can not compare to where we are today.

But even as bad as it is, there are three losses this season that could have been wins. That would put us at 7 wins and we would much better about things. We are light years from competing with the top of the B1G. But the future is not as dire and hopeless as it feels right now. But we do need to get some recruits to pan out, especially on defense and WR.

Not sure that Vedral was as healthy as Martinez. I think you put out the best quarterback he had available. Unfortunately he can’t somehow come up with a good offensive line deep into of the second year. And they still can’t figure out how to keep the linebackers from getting destroyed
Our O-Line also played well enough to win this game.

I know people get their panties in a bunch wjen players get called out so I’ll just use numbers here. 7 has regressed on defense Almost as much as the QB. 31 looks like a scout team player and 19 looks afraid of contact. I could Go on all night...
I agree though i truly felt 31 (Miller) played pretty good today. Honas can't cover TE's but I'll give him credit at least he was there to immediately make the tackle. Most of the time they run a ways before being tackled.

For all we know the best quarterback for Nebraska mighl still be in high school in Alabama.
Or playing defensive back (Cam Taylor-Britt). I suppose it depends on what type of offense you ***try*** to run. Doesnt it.

Last edited:
Especially when the “faux” ball carrier is running right into the D line. Just don’t understand
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Either our OLB's think that no one on the other side of the line will do their job or they are just UNDISCIPLINED!

The
Vedral wasn’t hurt.
If that’s true, then the best QB was not on the field today. The best running QB possibly was but it seems pretty obvious, from a spectator’s point of view, the better decision maker and most accurate passing QB was on the bench (comparing last week’s quarterbacking to this week’s).

To be clear, we are at the rock bottom of misery (or will be at the end of third 4-8 season).

I was trying to point out that people seem to be misremembering the past; suggesting it has been this way for 10-20 or even 30 years. The situation today is far worse than any point since TO’s retirement. Even a single game woodshedding can not compare to where we are today.

But even as bad as it is, there are three losses this season that could have been wins. That would put us at 7 wins and we would much better about things. We are light years from competing with the top of the B1G. But the future is not as dire and hopeless as it feels right now. But we do need to get some recruits to pan out, especially on defense and WR.
I get that and appreciate that. My concern is, and this kills me to say it, I do not believe Frost is the guy right now. He may grow into it, which is what I felt about Pelini too, and am hoping for. Until Frost holds himself and his staff accountable, he will not be the coach we need because everyone on the team hears what he says, but does what he does. I feel Frost is not living up to his words right now about toughness and accountability.

Last edited:
By the way, Brohm did a heckuva coaching job today. Scoring the final two touchdowns with the 3rd string QB was amazing. Some great play calls that put Purdue in position to win the game.

Once again, the other team plays Big Ten football. We do not. The coach on the opposite side of the field from Frost knows how to coach Big Ten football. Frost does not. He was convinced the conference would have to adjust to him -- and he's swallowing that concept hard now.

By the way, Brohm did a heckuva coaching job today. Scoring the final two touchdowns with the 3rd string QB was amazing. Some great play calls that put Purdue in position to win the game.

Once again, the other team plays Big Ten football. We do not. The coach on the opposite side of the field from Frost knows how to coach Big Ten football. Frost does not. He was convinced the conference would have to adjust to him -- and he's swallowing that concept hard now.
While blaming everything on past staffs and admins, players that aren’t strong enough, and lack of whatever exactly he calls his “culture”

I think Moos might have a word with him soon. I think that's a fair bet.
Depends if the boosters are in his ear yet. Bill needs a boatload of cash for the new athletic complex. If they are balking due to the state of the football program, you can bet your ass Moos has a chat with SF

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back