• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Purdue (11/2/19 ) BTN Tailgate in West Lafayette

Never gonna happen. Nebraska shot for the moon on SF. He’s gotta fix this or it’s not going to get fixed. There’s not enough money to get Meyer or any other successful P5 coach plus pay off Frost and his staff. If Nebraska gets rid of Frost before year 7 it’ll be for somebody that’s up and coming and therefore cheaper.

Think Neal Brown if/when he gets canned by WVU. Campbell probably gets a big deal at OU or someplace if Riley leaves for the NFL.

I’m not sure I agree regarding year 7, but If Frost gets run off any time prior to year 5, nobody worth a damn is taking the job. It’ll officially be the program where coaching careers go to die.

This is even harder to take then those Pelini seasons when we were winning 9-10 wins per year and played in three championship games, but didn’t win any of them. Those days were brutal, but I would argue this year may even be on another level.

;)

:Sarcasm:
this is Bill Callahan brutal getting woodshedded by Texas Tech and Kansas, ******* Kansas. Purdue is missing their entire team and beat us.

You're absolutely high. Sorry, he is the best QB on our roster. He missed an open reciever on 3 occasions, and one that he threw would've been open if Spielman runs the correct option route. Everyone's first critique for a team losing is always the QB, and here it is. For the lack of weapons in our receiving corps, he played well. He ran hard the second half and didn't fumble. Our defense was atrocious. The reason we had stops is that its Purdue and they're playing with a backup QB and without Rondale Moore. No way in hell they should score 31 points on us.

Yeah. Ok. Keep lying to yourself. Being the most talented is not the same as being the best.

But yes, by all means, keep blaming the defense for the quarterback consistently making bad decisions.

I can't for the life of me contemplate a scenario where Frost shouldn't make wholesale staff changes. He shouldn't worry about his friends if this is his dream job. His assistants will get buyouts and find other coaching jobs. It's time to bring in top football minds, whether Frost wants to be friends with them or not.

I can. It would pretty risky to make wholesale changes and hope that somehow its going to make all the difference. Sometimes changing a DC or OC can make a difference. But our experience in changing a DC to fix a defense was a dramatic failure.

What I want SF to do is go forward and make smart decisions about coaches. He needs to put loyalty aside and assess each position group. If he concludes that coaching is not the issue, he should own that decision.

Then, he needs to figure out why his players can’t seem to get it done. Do they need to change how they coach? Are their really people not bought in? I might even bring in an outside consultant to talk to players one on one as well as groups to see their perspective. Find out why THEY think things aren’t gelling.

Then, I would hit the portal, the JC ranks, and make sure my recruiting is bringing in kids who want to and can play in the B1G.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back