• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Michigan Game Thread

Talking about BC and MR and what they did at NE.....My friends, who were on campus in several capacities when Callahan got there and stripped all the history from the football staff areas and had two winning seasons of the four he was there, were so glad when he was gone. He had zero respect for the history. Alienated boosters and former players. They said the atmosphere around the football program was 'toxic'. They tried to make him welcome and he never reciprocated. Why? Who knows? Maybe college wasn't the place for him. He isn't a bad coach, just didn't fit at NE. Tom Osborne said he never got to know BC because they never seemed to be on the same wavelength. My take on his statements of the time.
Riley? One winning season of three. While he was a nice guy and a decent coach, he wasn't what they needed. I have always felt that he was hired because he was the exact opposite of Bo. My friends on campus all said he was a very nice guy.

I see improvement in the team and that DOES count for something. Just need to get over the hump. Four losses, all of eight points or less. The fans always remember the 'last' mistake, I won't dog on anyone. For YEARS when Tom came on board, (I remember the Devaney years too) the complaint about Tom was he 'couldn't win the big one'. I think we are in somewhat the same boat here. Yes, Tom had winning seasons but I still want Frost to have a little more time.

Last edited:
Always next year.

LOL.
It’s called hope and it’s a good thing.

We are not at the pinnacle of Tom Osborne’s career with a top 10 juggernaut team that grinds through opponents like a cheese grater. Six years ago, we fired a 9-10 win coach. He was one of 3-4 of the most successful coaches in the country at that time. Nonetheless, we chose to gut the program rather than build off that success.

We succeeded. We gutted the program. For the next 6 years we struggled against every team we played. That is because we decided to start from scratch. Some foolishly thought that we would fire a 9-10 win coach and the next guy would simply build off that and be winning 11-12 in no time. That was a long shot bet that didn’t pay off, especially because of our choice of coach. Perhaps Riley could have rebuilt the program given enough time. But he was replaced after three years. The result was we became a bottom feeder team trying to recover from our own sabotage.

This year, after a brutal three years of failure and playing weak football, we are competing toe to toe with the elite of college football and unlike other years, the team isn’t giving up or crumbling under the pressure. They are working their butts off to bring this team back. These coaches are in a pressure cooker every week that would put most of us in a darkened room in the fetal position.

Is it too much to ask for Husker fans to try to maintain hope and support the coaches and staff? Have some respect for these players and coaches and start realizing that what TO did and even what Bo accomplished was special. It was never an entitlement or Nebraska birthright.

Last edited:

Made Yahoo front-page headline news.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nebras...o-9-michigan-after-late-fumble-040736584.html

Next chapter, same result ...... NU at Minnesota

5OVVnDD.png

Last edited:

I wish I knew. Maybe we can pickup a Rockstar from the portal.

Bottom line is that's the nature of college football. QB's come and go. We don't get the luxury of a franchise QB that stays year after year.
Agreed and I hope they develop who ever it is faster than AM. But if we continue with the o line improvement that will make a ton of difference

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back