• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Michigan Game Thread

Huge loses on D and potentially breaking in a new barely tested QB?
Overall, they actually are a pretty young team, yes, we lose some key players, but Smothers has shown he can move the team, I think our offensive line will be much improved (I think the 2 freshmen tackles will be pretty good with more experience) . We have some good young defensive linemen, and some really good young linebackers.

Hell I don’t know the answer but do yo see us doing anything more than fighting for a bowl game again next year? We are losing a good share of the D and potentially a four year starting QB.

I don't have a crystal ball and losing those players will definitely hurt but the way I look at it is we finally have some strong leaders this year that have set the example for the younger guys with their work ethic and buy in. Let's hope the next group will step up to be the new leaders and be an example for the younger guys next year. We still have a lot of young guys and many of them have game experience now which should help.

I guess my point is for years we've been in turnover mode. Always a new coach. Always a new system. Always new players.

We finally have some stability and a system that should work very well at Nebraska with several classes of Scott's players. Things are finally starting to gell and that should pay dividends when the seniors move on.

Some people are so anxious to throw everything out and start over but that's part of the reason we are where we are and I'm not excited about starting that all over again. Especially when we have a team this competitive.

Go back and rewatch the first half and then compare it to the second half. If you can’t see a difference then I can’t help you.

Yes the Michigan defense was playing lights out but look what happened when Nebraska decided to put them on their heels in the second half by changing up the play calling.

It was pretty obvious that Scott and Matt opened up the playbook past page one in the second half. :thumbsup:
Yup they adjusted what a crime. Their plan did not work as expected in the first half and AGAIN the coaching staff saw it and adjusted extremely well.

Overall, they actually are a pretty young team, yes, we lose some key players, but Smothers has shown he can move the team, I think our offensive line will be much improved (I think the 2 freshmen tackles will be pretty good with more experience) . We have some good young defensive linemen, and some really good young linebackers.
I appreciate the optimism but Smothers hasn’t shown us anything.

Fwiw, I hope you are right.

My doom and gloom or you making up or inflating a back up QBs results. I just see the same struggle next year. Sorry if my opinion offends you.
I'm not inflating anything, I said he looked like he could move the team. Not exactly high praise.

I don't have a crystal ball and losing those players will definitely hurt but the way I look at it is we finally have some strong leaders this year that have set the example for the younger guys with their work ethic and buy in. Let's hope the next group will step up to be the new leaders and be an example for the younger guys next year. We still have a lot of young guys and many of them have game experience now which should help.

I guess my point is for years we've been in turnover mode. Always a new coach. Always a new system. Always new players.

We finally have some stability and a system that should work very well at Nebraska with several classes of Scott's players. Things are finally starting to gell and that should pay dividends when the seniors move on.

Some people are so anxious to throw everything out and start over but that's part of the reason we are where we are and I'm not excited about starting that all over again. Especially when we have a team this competitive.
I’ve softened my stance on Frost a ton this season. I just see this team really struggling to move the football once AM leaves. My hope is Haarberg is the answer. In spite of the turnovers who is going to make this offense work once he’s gone?

I’ve softened my stance on Frost a ton this season. I just see this team really struggling to move the football once AM leaves. My hope is Haarberg is the answer. In spite of the turnovers who is going to make this offense work once he’s gone?

I wish I knew. Maybe we can pickup a Rockstar from the portal.

Bottom line is that's the nature of college football. QB's come and go. We don't get the luxury of a franchise QB that stays year after year.

On the other hand he showed up 30 pounds overweight to Fall Camp

I think they do respond to it
agreed, and ppl need to remember his background, hes here because he played at fishers alma mater and he wanted to come here, he walked on as an out of state player and earned his scholarship. hes gonna be fine...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back