• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Making a Last "Minute" Push To Flip 5* QB Dylan Raiola

With DK now reaffirming his commitment to NU, we have our QB room for the foreseeable future locked in. Exciting times, HCMR and the staff will deserve a lot of praise for pulling this off. I don't expect everyone on here to feel that way, but folks can be wrong and still be good people. :)

With DK now reaffirming his commitment to NU, we have our QB room for the foreseeable future locked in. Exciting times, HCMR and the staff will deserve a lot of praise for pulling this off. I don't expect everyone on here to feel that way, but folks can be wrong and still be good people. :)
We still need an experienced guiding hand, whether thats Chubba or some unlikely CT reincarnation.

We still need an experienced guiding hand, whether thats Chubba or some unlikely CT reincarnation.
Agree to disagree, there will be many QB rooms around the country that lose their starter or experienced guy and thrive next year. Saying that, I hope Chubba stays, but I think he leaves if DR and DK both sign.

Agree to disagree, there will be many QB rooms around the country that lose their starter or experienced guy and thrive next year. Saying that, I hope Chubba stays, but I think he leaves if DR and DK both sign.
I get your thinking. But the perception needs to change. 4 of the top five qbs from last year, I believe only one started the full year.
We should want to bolt ahead of last year, not just step ahead. And I'm saying DR needs to start next year, but like in the NFL, ease him in.

We need experience starting those early games imo

I get your thinking. But the perception needs to change. 4 of the top five qbs from last year, I believe only one started the full year.
We should want to bolt ahead of last year, not just step ahead. And I'm saying DR needs to start next year, but like in the NFL, ease him in.

We need experience starting those early games imo
Yeah, makes sense. I do think there will be growing pains for sure if DR starts and we don't have an experienced QB in the fold. HCMR makes the big bucks to make these decisions, hopefully they have a solid plan.

Everyone talks about Chubba leaving. Why would he do that, and where would he go? His resume is not sparkling, what with few appearances and many injuries. His best shot at time on the field is here for at least this next year.
If he starts the season, with maybe DR getting snaps, he'll have tape. The better he is, the longer before DR takes over, the more tape he has.

To me, that's ideal, provided Chubba can bring it.

So the only think so far with any confirmation is DK reaffirming? So all the excitement and tribulation and we are still right where we started???

Yeah, makes sense. I do think there will be growing pains for sure if DR starts and we don't have an experienced QB in the fold. HCMR makes the big bucks to make these decisions, hopefully they have a solid plan.
DR isn't your normal QB coming in, (aside from his physical attributes). He has been groomed to be a pro QB for years now, with the best coaching $ can buy. Hopefully that will ease his transition into college ball. Growing pains for sure, but much less so than most incoming freshmen. Better/improved parts around him would help greatly.

Last edited:

DR isn't your normal QB coming in, (aside from his physical attributes). He has been groomed to be a pro QB for years now, with the best coaching $ can buy. Hopefully that will ease his transition into college ball. Growing pains for sure, but much less so than most incoming freshmen. Better/improved parts around him would help greatly.
That, and he's 230 6'3"

IMG_3979.jpeg

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back