• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Making a Last "Minute" Push To Flip 5* QB Dylan Raiola

I wonder if this means Rhule is happy with a QB room of Purdy, Harberg, Raoila and Kaelin?View attachment 103265
If you are building for the long term you are happy with that room. Some growing pains in 24 instead of 25. Plus the early part of the schedule next year is manageable. Not saying we will start 7-0. But we can compete against that schedule with a young QB, a good defense and good special teams. Why delay the development of your young QB’s? I hope Chubba stays and competes as well.

DR isn't your normal QB coming in, (aside from his physical attributes). He has been groomed to be a pro QB for years now, with the best coaching $ can buy. Hopefully that will ease his transition into college ball. Growing pains for sure, but much less so than most incoming freshmen. Better/improved parts around him would help greatly.

It's all the off the field stuff that will probably be the hardest part for him (classes, living independently, social, etc.)

If you are building for the long term you are happy with that room. Some growing pains in 24 instead of 25. Plus the early part of the schedule next year is manageable. Not saying we will start 7-0. But we can compete against that schedule with a young QB, a good defense and good special teams. Why delay the development of your young QB’s? I hope Chubba stays and competes as well.
I look at it as development plus winning. Early on, if Chubbas the man, he gets the start, but bring in DR for a series or two.

I also look at it as us vs a very good Iowa D two years ago, where we just kept dropping it over their heads. We have a guy in DR that can do just that, we have proven speed in our Young wrs.
Consistency in the long ball will scare any DC

Everyone talks about Chubba leaving. Why would he do that, and where would he go? His resume is not sparkling, what with few appearances and many injuries. His best shot at time on the field is here for at least this next year.
He at least should see what it looks like in spring ball.

He at least should see what it looks like in spring bal

Everyone talks about Chubba leaving. Why would he do that, and where would he go? His resume is not sparkling, what with few appearances and many injuries. His best shot at time on the field is here for at least this next year.
I don’t know about that. The guy has some talent. He might absolutely flourish at the FCS level. Starting and excelling at the FCS level is probably a better pathway to the NFL than being a career backup in a P5 program.

So the only think so far with any confirmation is DK reaffirming? So all the excitement and tribulation and we are still right where we started???
You truly are incapable of seeing past the nose on your face aren’t you? A week ago, we had DK and nothing else. Since then we pulled in a 5 star QB and as quickly as he came he was gone. And now we are waiting for another 5 star QB to announce his plans. He travelled to Nebraska to either announce his commitment to Nebraska or to reaffirm his commitment to UGA. So no. We are in a different place. But yes, you are correct that at 1:57 today, we only have Kaelin, and even he hasn’t signed an LOI. :rolleyes:

How are you going to take it if both DR and DK sign? Are you going to be ok? Or will you require some counseling? I’m truly concerned that if something good happens you might melt down.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back