• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos

Can we just accept that Nebrasketball will never compete for B1G titles? Find a relatively inexpensive coach who can get us into the tourney every couple of years and maybe win a game. Expecting any more than that at DONU is crazy.
That's nonsense. For example:
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...su-three-quick-takes-couch-column/2609602002/
I haven’t seen a school with so much football tradition and emphasis — and so little relevant basketball history — do hoops this well. There’s a reason Tim Miles is on the hot seat. You can win here now. You should win here.

If there is nothing that truly exists that casues a problem for Moos, it is yet one more example of boards like ours and social media generally trumpeting something up to hurt a person's reputation in a way that cannot be mended.. And then we wonder why we can't get good people to take important high visibility jobs in this country. It's beyond me why people feel they have accomplished something if they are first with some little nugget of news (or even worse, some little nugget of rumor). Who cares about who is first unless you are a reporter - and as for them, they stumble over themselves more and more often lately too just trying to be first.

If there is nothing that truly exists that casues a problem for Moos, it is yet one more example of boards like ours and social media generally trumpeting something up to hurt a person's reputation in a way that cannot be mended.. And then we wonder why we can't get good people to take important high visibility jobs in this country. It's beyond me why people feel they have accomplished something if they are first with some little nugget of news (or even worse, some little nugget of rumor). Who cares about who is first unless you are a reporter - and as for them, they stumble over themselves more and more often lately too just trying to be first.
You're saying we're CNN? Ouch, probably accurate but ouch!

Can we just accept that Nebrasketball will never compete for B1G titles? Find a relatively inexpensive coach who can get us into the tourney every couple of years and maybe win a game. Expecting any more than that at DONU is crazy.

Isn’t this about where we are at right now?

I’d be willing to stand pat with Miles, if not for what would be the lack of excitement factor likely resulting in decreased ticket sales at PBA.

I also look at Northwestern getting their first tourney win who have a tougher situation than us. How have we not caught lightning in a bottle once?

Would you go with someone known as a great developer, or recruiter?

I think you go after a coach whose system can differentiate himself from others. Whether it's on defense, like what Tony Bennett has done at UVA with his pack line, or on offense where fast break teams can narrow the talent gap, I would try to go in that direction. Nebraska will never get the top 5-10 recruiting classes in basketball, but there's no reason they can't be a 5-10 seed in the NCAA tourney almost annually.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back