• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos

What are people’s tboughts, was this the right move? Did they squash the rumors or give it more legs?
The problem is, statements of "full support" are meaningless. How many times have we seen an AD fully support a losing coach then fire him at the end of the year? The flip side of the coin is the admin needs to do something to squash rumors, even if they are true. Maybe just a general statement, "You believe Twitter? Really?"

What are people’s thoughts, was this the right move? Did they squash the rumors or give it more legs?

I think it was the right move. Imagine where the rumors would go if they (Bounds and Green) didn't say anything. At least now, most people will think they were just that, rumors. Social Media can be a terrible thing.

Now that the B1G has given a few more scholarships (not close to SEC and Big12 yet),

I know you have talked this in the past, but remind mewhat is the reasoning for the BIG 10 to put itself voluntarily behind the eightball by limiting the scholarships for baseball as compared to other conferences?

What are people’s tboughts, was this the right move? Did they squash the rumors or give it more legs?
Here's a Sam McKewon tweet.

For those who cannot see it, here's the tweet:
"A UNL spokeswoman said Green and Bounds issued a statement of support for Moos based on requests from two media outlets - the OWH was one - for comment from Green.

Green will have no further comment."

Because of that, they had to do something.

Last edited:
When Moos was hired 15 months ago, we were coming off a baseball conference championship. Our first conference title in the big 3 sports in over a decade. I feel like people forget that. Moos loves Erstad, and Green and Bounds are ecstatic he helped finally get a trophy here. DE is going nowhere unless he quits.

Please, for the love of all things good and holy, winning the baseball conference championship in a sport that NU routinely outspends, sometimes double or triple, the other conference schools is nothing to hold onto a coach for.

I'm not kidding when I say this: There are numerous high school coaches in Omaha that could win a conference championship in the B1G with NU's facilities and resources. Erstad is NOT a baseball coach, NU didn't even make the damn conference tournament last year.

And lastly, Binghamton. Friggin' Binghamton, need I say more? Oh, I can, Western Carolina, Yale, Holy Cross. 2 of those 3 schools don't give out athletic scholarships. Erstad sucks, no if's, and's or butt's about it. Not even a maybe.

Here's a Sam McKewon tweet.

For those who cannot see it, here's the tweet:
"A UNL spokeswoman said Green and Bounds issued a statement of support for Moos based on requests from two media outlets - the OWH was one - for comment from Green.

Green will have no further comment."

Because of that, they had to do something.

So the media and crazy a.. fans are the reason?

Erstad is as good as anyone at this point for Nebraska. We play in a mid-major baseball conference and will never be year in-year out national contenders again. Sure, we should be able to compete for the conference title because its a weak conference. The Big 10 is the college version of AA ball.

Wrong. Erstad is not a baseball coach. Take away his last name, and he'd be fired by now.

Given the apparent state of the rumors something had to be said. Was this the right thing to say? No idea, but it didn't help stop the rumors and probably only grows them.

"Full support" often equals you're fired pretty quickly anymore.

Wrong. Erstad is not a baseball coach. Take away his last name, and he'd be fired by now.
Who better are you going to get to a cold-weather school in a mid-major conference?

Dave van Horn would never coach here in its current state.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back