• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos out?

Seems like strange timing to me. Middle of the summer while the team is actively recruiting. Hopefully, if Scott isn't on the chopping block right now, someone comes in and makes that clear. I didn't know Nebraska was looking for "their guy". Not even sure what that means. I guess we will see. Someone must have been unhappy with the direction of the athletic dept.
Again, or he's got an illness or something like that.

My guess is...even if he was fired, the school and Moos will paint this as him stepping down. Firing Moos now puts a huge dent in Scott's recruiting efforts and creates a massive distraction (Scott's seat heating up).

Didnt see this coming this is not good for stability at all. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes. Bleacher report has him as fired

I reread the article and it does come off as he might be walking away. Even mentions how taxing the year has been. I guess we will see.

What if Matt Davison gets promoted to AD?
I'm guessing we'll know very soon unless there is a major medical type issue forcing Moos to leave now.

I had thought it could be Matt but that thread from a few months back leads me to believe otherwise now.

In my mind, we really only have two options:

A: We pay big time money to someone like a Saban, Dabo, Urban, etc. I realistically don't see this happening, though, as Nebraska has been historically cheap.

B: We give the new AD and Frost (or New Frost) like a 10-year contract and allow things to finally settle. I won't write a novel, but we're averaging about 4 seasons per coach since Callahan. And when you consider Pelini was the most stable period, it's kind of hilarious when you consider all the AD mess, energy vampires, secret off-campus meetings and the way that our entry into the Big Ten was rather dismal.

We change lanes too quickly. We either need to slow down a bit and give a new administration time, or we need to shake Warren Buffet's pockets loose and pony up real money to get an instant winner. Pick your poison, but it's going to cost us a lot of time or a lot of money.

Cue George Harrison.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back