• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Memorial Stadium!! August 30, 2023, UNL v UNO

The Antman movie in downtown Lincoln costs $16 tonight to see it on Ultrascreen according to the theater’s website. Seeing history for a few dollars more than a movie seems more than worth it to me. (The article says the schools have not set the price/ procedures for their students’ tickets.)

I don't see how they could risk something like that with the potential for weather issues. Wind, rain, etc. would be bad, but humidity alone could cause problems with the floor.

It would be cool, but I question the value.

I didn't say I saw NO value, just that I question it. There are always trade-offs. I could see this working for an exhibition match, but would that get butts in the seats? Probably at least some, but enough?

I just wouldn't want Nebraska risking a regular season match, with the added potential of injury, with the various elements in play. But that's just one perspective, and I certainly appreciate other perspectives.

I'd love to see it, but I understand if it never happens.
These posts are idiots.

The Antman movie in downtown Lincoln costs $16 tonight to see it on Ultrascreen according to the theater’s website. Seeing history for a few dollars more than a movie seems more than worth it to me. (The article says the schools have not set the price/ procedures for their students’ tickets.)

Edit: Officially announced 2/24/23
Totally unsubstantiated rumor on a Nebraska VB board says planning is underway for a match in Memorial Stadium this upcoming fall against UNO during Week 2 of the non-conference schedule. Maybe a Division II match and a high school match beforehand.
In the past, Cook has said that would be too hard to do. Seems like a logistical nightmare to me, but I am sure it would create a collegiate attendance record.
I am sure they would fill the stadium. Nothing like Nebraska volleyball!

There is no way they do not set a new national attendance record!
Would not be shocked if they sell out the whole place. Nebraska fans are the best. If I can work it out, I would be there!

Last edited:

:ph34r:
Is it time for us to build a bigger stadium?

If it's a windy day that could make those high sets interesting to deal with.

I have heard coach Cook discuss this multiple times in his weekly radio show with JB, and he has never sounded enthusiastic about it.

Do people consider that we have a sand volleyball team? I think they'll be able to adjust to the outdoor elements for the special event.

Do people consider that we have a sand volleyball team? I think they'll be able to adjust to the outdoor elements for the special event.
Interestingly enough, I spent the better part of the day on Friday watching the women's sand volleyball team. The entire event was indoors. Their practice facility is indoors. I doubt they get any outdoor practice in, especially considering the sand volleyball season occurs in the winter and early spring.

I think any wind under about 15 mph should be no problem. If winds are higher than that it could make things interesting.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back