• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Memorial Stadium!! August 30, 2023, UNL v UNO

weaver75

Special Counsel
10 Year Member
Edit: Officially announced 2/24/23
Totally unsubstantiated rumor on a Nebraska VB board says planning is underway for a match in Memorial Stadium this upcoming fall against UNO during Week 2 of the non-conference schedule. Maybe a Division II match and a high school match beforehand.
In the past, Cook has said that would be too hard to do. Seems like a logistical nightmare to me, but I am sure it would create a collegiate attendance record.

Last edited:

It is most unusual for Nebraska not to have a home football game until September 16. Lots of time for which the stadium would be available. Run the court east-west in the North end zone area?

Totally unsubstantiated rumor on a Nebraska VB board says planning is underway for a match in Memorial Stadium this upcoming fall against UNO during Week 2 of the non-conference schedule. Maybe a Division II match and a high school match beforehand.
In the past, Cook has said that would be too hard to do. Seems like a logistical nightmare to me, but I am sure it would create a collegiate attendance record.
I'm in,
That would awesome!

Plus more tailgating

Last edited:

If it's a windy day that could make those high sets interesting to deal with.

I have heard coach Cook discuss this multiple times in his weekly radio show with JB, and he has never sounded enthusiastic about it.

If it's a windy day that could make those high sets interesting to deal with.

I have heard coach Cook discuss this multiple times in his weekly radio show with JB, and he has never sounded enthusiastic about it.

Can you imagine the impact on the floater serves? ;)

Last edited:
I don't see how they could risk something like that with the potential for weather issues. Wind, rain, etc. would be bad, but humidity alone could cause problems with the floor.

It would be cool, but I question the value.

I don't see how they could risk something like that with the potential for weather issues. Wind, rain, etc. would be bad, but humidity alone could cause problems with the floor.

It would be cool, but I question the value.
You cant see the value? How about the revenue from 30k-40k fans attending the game and going to the concession stands, the same as 6-8 home games? How about the attention nationally that it would bring to the program and the state? How about the opportunity to showcase a couple D2 programs in the state and further promote women's volleyball? These are just a few on the positives.

I get that the elements dont allow for perfect volleyball and it will be more of an exibition, but it seems pretty silly to see no value in it.

You cant see the value? How about the revenue from 30k-40k fans attending the game and going to the concession stands, the same as 6-8 home games? How about the attention nationally that it would bring to the program and the state? How about the opportunity to showcase a couple D2 programs in the state and further promote women's volleyball? These are just a few on the positives.

I get that the elements dont allow for perfect volleyball and it will be more of an exibition, but it seems pretty silly to see no value in it.
I didn't say I saw NO value, just that I question it. There are always trade-offs. I could see this working for an exhibition match, but would that get butts in the seats? Probably at least some, but enough?

I just wouldn't want Nebraska risking a regular season match, with the added potential of injury, with the various elements in play. But that's just one perspective, and I certainly appreciate other perspectives.

I'd love to see it, but I understand if it never happens.

Cook teases that things are planned that would be firsts, but says it Is too early to talk about.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back