• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Memorial Stadium!! August 30, 2023, UNL v UNO

I knew Nebraska would show out, but actually watching the broadcast and seeing it full was wild. There are a lot of universities that wouldn't be able to get 92,000 people to show up for a good football game. The fact that Nebraska showed out in that manner for the volleyball team, who deserves every bit of it, was incredible to see.

I got a lot of text messages from people last night, including a friend who asked me how Nebraska managed to get that many people to come. It's hard to explain it to outsiders. Nebraska is a different place. There is no place like it.

Two didn’t. Those in the know assume that a redshirt is trying to be saved for them.
Orr for sure. If I'm Kennedi Orr, I would definitely want to redshirt, then transfer somewhere else where she will still have 2 years to play. I wonder about Jurevicius though. For one thing, we are out of scholarships. We have 3 girls coming in next year (though I understand one of them won't be on scholarship initially) and no seniors on the current roster. I don't know how they can keep Jurevicius on scholarship for an extra 5th year. Plus, right now I believe Jurevicius is the only OPP besides Beason. Beason isn't exactly lighting it up, and if she gets injured, we might need Jurevicius to play. I would be curious to know what Jurevicius thinks about the possibility of redshirting.

BTW, how awesome was it that they announced the starting lineup last night and 4 of them are true freshmen. Some may see that as a weakness, but I think it is good that John Cook recruits the best players and lets them compete for playing time. Right now, Harper Murray looks like our best offensive player by a wide margin. She is amazing.

Watched with the whole family. I wanted my six year old daughter especially to see it. I was surprised we all teared up several times at the beginning and end. What a commercial for the University and State of Nebraska! Just wow. The amount of free positive publicity from all the news coverage alone was worth whatever it cost. Just an awesome thing. Trev will hopefully remain AD for a long time because this event was an absolute home run. Amazing all around. And for recruiting for volleyball forget it. Every young woman wants to play for Nebraska right now. Helps all other sports too.

Now let's win a football game tonight to cap it off!

Two national stages in two days. The women did their part, now let's have Ruhle & Co. make it a new day for Nebraska athletics. We've all been waiting too long.

I'm pretty sure the Mavericks stayed out for the party, too.

So many fireworks. And I wonder if the laser lights are a new addition or just rented for yesterday.

I'm 100% certain all teams cycled through all their players. There were so many substitutions in the third set, by both sides.

Also, can confirm, Chik-Fil-A is now added to the menu.

Not for every one. At least they didn't have it at any of the concessions on our east side suite level.
Pizza, Runza, and Dogs. And the pizza was always out.
Also I was told that, as expected, Chik was the most expensive item at $8.

Orr for sure. If I'm Kennedi Orr, I would definitely want to redshirt, then transfer somewhere else where she will still have 2 years to play. I wonder about Jurevicius though. For one thing, we are out of scholarships. We have 3 girls coming in next year (though I understand one of them won't be on scholarship initially) and no seniors on the current roster. I don't know how they can keep Jurevicius on scholarship for an extra 5th year. Plus, right now I believe Jurevicius is the only OPP besides Beason. Beason isn't exactly lighting it up, and if she gets injured, we might need Jurevicius to play. I would be curious to know what Jurevicius thinks about the possibility of redshirting.

BTW, how awesome was it that they announced the starting lineup last night and 4 of them are true freshmen. Some may see that as a weakness, but I think it is good that John Cook recruits the best players and lets them compete for playing time. Right now, Harper Murray looks like our best offensive player by a wide margin. She is amazing.
Either redshirt, or step in if Reilly gets hurt. Cook teared up three times yesterday trying to read and share Orr’s note to the team. It seems clear they both care for each other.
As for CJ, I am sure tat trying to preserve a redshirt doesn’t mean it won’t be burned if the need arises. As far as scholarships go, if Beason or another needs to get a big NIL bump to move off scholarship, the money is there.

Either redshirt, or step in if Reilly gets hurt. Cook teared up three times yesterday trying to read and share Orr’s note to the team. It seems clear they both care for each other.
As for CJ, I am sure tat trying to preserve a redshirt doesn’t mean it won’t be burned if the need arises. As far as scholarships go, if Beason or another needs to get a big NIL bump to move off scholarship, the money is there.
One question I have related to this is the question of how big a roster John Cook wants to maintain. I watched a lot of volleyball over the past week, and I noticed other teams with as many as 18-20 players suited up for games. NU only has 14. I agree that there probably is money available if Cook wants to entice more players to stay even though there are no scholarships available, but how big of a roster does John Cook want? I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

Cook seems to rotate a lot of players early in the season while he sees what players/rotations work well together. Eventually it stabilizes into a consistent rotation (barring injury).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back