• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maryland game to be exclusively on Peacock streaming - additional subscription required

I work from home, my work PC is right next to my home PC, and I am on lunch. being Tuesday during the week means nothing to me. I wasn't here commenting in this thread until someone quoted me and it alerted me of the response. I was actually over in HT talking about non-NU related things, things related to this country.
I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to myself. ;)

I blew out Comcast 8 months because my bill had reached 300 a month which was ridiculous. I went with Frontier fiber with some crazy speed for 80 a month, Youtube and already had Prime. I then subscribed to this service which was 25 bucks for 1 year called IPTV Smarters pro. Now you’ve not going to believe this but I get almost every NFL game, Almost all college games (ACC, PAC12, BIG Ten, SEC and the other conferences) They have all sorts of movie channels, News, Drama, every baseball game, NBA, etc) How do they do it? All the games are live! I have no clue how and it’s also a perfect picture. They show it has 1395 channels again no idea if there are many but there are dozens and dozens of channels. It was kind of tricky and confusing getting it setup but have it now 3 months and it works fine. I think it’s foreign based because they have lots of euro stuff like Soccer leagues, racing, Bike Racing, blah blah blah. My buddy didn’t believe it but it’s real, it works and it cost 25 bucks for a year. lol I’m sure if the NFL could stop it they would but they’ve been around for several years! Here’s a picture of my screen which shows just a tiny portion of what’s on it... lol... I love having ALL NFL games for the entire season for 25 bucks plus all the other stuff. Again I have no idea how they do but I don’t care.
View attachment 101764
I use the same app with a different service for $15.00 a month. I pick only the English package, so no foreign stuff. I also get to watch all PPV events at no extra cost.

So the 'Sports Bar' routine was my wife's idea a few years back when she decided Sunday Ticket was a racket.

'Ok honey'.

I liked the sports bar she picked. They generally had good food, competent and typically friendly and attractive waitresses and a good draft and bourbon list. I'm in. I told her before the first game that it was as financially retarded a decision as she'd ever made and she stubbornly pushed on through.

I think we had to go to the bar for 13 of the 16 games that year because our team sucked and wasn't on national TV much.

Average bar tab was around $125. That's not awful for an afternoon of food and drink, but after three weeks she figured out I was right. The money wasn't the point to me at all. I like being able to cook my own food, make my own drinks, pause the game to use the bathroom, etc. I also didn't have to listen to fans from other, better teams celebrating their wins and shite talking.

I'll pay the $6 for Peacock and I'm sure I"ll keep it because she'll find something she likes to watch there. I also save enough money to pay for Peacock for two years by staying home.

I win.
Money isn't the issue with me. By nature I enjoy going out. And now that we do not totally suck I like going out.

Money isn't the issue with me. By nature I enjoy going out. And now that we do not totally suck I like going out.

Fair enough.

When we moved here ten years ago, we could go to this same sports bar and it would be 75% full of mostly locals and it had a great vibe. Now a lot of the folks that have moved into the area are from the Northeast and bring a prickish vibe to the place that changed its personality. I can't bitch too much since I'm not an 'original' local, but it's changed.

Folks in DFW loves sports and yeah there are a few asses but in general most are super friendly. I got away from going out the prior three years as it was simply embarrassing the way SF coached team played. So I watched from home.

MR is old school with the attitude that I am going to kick your ass even if we do not win. I love that and can't wait to watch even if it isn't pretty.

Our defense is back to old school standards. We have a top 15 defense across all key measures. How cool is that? I can't wait till the offense catches up probably next year and we will be a 9-10 win team

Yes. You all are hurting the team and program by not watching a game for six measly dollars for a MONTH of access to thousands of hours of entertainment and game with your favorite team. Subscribers and watchers of Nebraska on these streaming services all bolster the programs numbers to the conference and the networks. We should all be watching so we don't become the next Oregon State.
While I really don't care much one way or the other, it's $6. But the more subscriptions they can verify came in over the next two weeks and attribute them to Nebraska, just means they know they'll make more money off Nebraska so they'll put more Nebraska games on Peacock.

I had an Aunt who would go to Vegas , win $500 bucks and honestly think she won.

LOL.

She could never understand that she had spent $1,000 to win the $500.

As I mentioned earlier I don't think it is the $6 that folks are irritated over.

We have been spoiled over the last number of years of always being able to just turn on the tube and see our Huskers on traditional broadcasting and it being included in our individual entertainment packages. I remember (as many on here do) only being able to see the Huskers on Thx Giving and then again in a bowl game. The rest was radio or nothing. But, after years of expecting week in and week to just push the power on switch and watch, many I think feel like they are being held hostage to have to pay an extra entrance fee of $6 to get into the game when it has always just been included in their t.v. package.

Just guessing here, don't know.

I hardly think paying or not paying $6 to watch a Nebraska football game should be the qualifier for a persons life revolving around NU football. Us idiots here discussing the $6 on a Tuesday afternoon is a lot more representative of someone letting their life revolve around Nebraska football.
There are many things much worse that one could revolve around imo. Season is short and yea I’m hooked on Huskers and have been most of my life. I very seldom miss a game so yea it’s VICE that costs me very little and sure is alot more fun this season so far!

I use the same app with a different service for $15.00 a month. I pick only the English package, so no foreign stuff. I also get to watch all PPV events at no extra cost.
Well I figured I couldn’t go wrong for 1 year deal for 25 bucks even if it sucked. lol It’s been excellent!

While I really don't care much one way or the other, it's $6. But the more subscriptions they can verify came in over the next two weeks and attribute them to Nebraska, just means they know they'll make more money off Nebraska so they'll put more Nebraska games on Peacock.
That is a false assumption. Peacock is low on the list of choices. Fox first, then BTN, then NBC/Peacock. If we get back to good. We will never see Peacock again.

Well I figured I couldn’t go wrong for 1 year deal for 25 bucks even if it sucked. lol It’s been excellent!
Yep! You can't go wrong for 25/year. We also get movies in our movie bank usually about a week after they are released in the theaters. I definitely prefer this over any cable/dish service that I ever had. I renew every month, so if it ever "goes away", I'm only out $15.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back