• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maryland game to be exclusively on Peacock streaming - additional subscription required

Exactly! When I looked at my grocery bill of $248 bucks yesterday I said... !#%$(&%(&!#$&(%&(!...
6 bucks? :Rolf: Something I can handle as I love Husker football season. Last time I was at Gillette Stadium a freaken beer was almost 9 bucks.!! o_O
I hear ya- the only times I will likely go to another Steelers game (yes all the way from upstate NY) will be when my three girls are old enough to sit in the car for 7 hours without killing me. That will be in a couple years I am hoping (they are now 3, 6, 9 years old) I've been to probably a dozen Steelers games and a dozen more Nebraska games and I could probably have a down payment for a home with the money I spent on those trips.

I will likely have to sell a kidney or take out a loan to afford that trip, but it will be worth it. In the meantime, I'll gladly shell out the $6 or whatever it is for a game with burgers, dogs, sodas and lemonade and wings that will total maybe $30 :thumbsup:

It cancels the for you? Like any of them? I will check it out. Thanks!
Actually it lists them and if you want to cancel, it gives you instructions on how to do so but the 4-5 things I cancelled were like two clicks and done. It wasn't a real big effort on my part, the app does most of the work. It tracks all your spending as well, it is pretty helpful I've found.

Exactly.

How does the B1G expect to "build the brand" with this model? What casual fan in New Mexico or Mississippi is going to buy a Peacock subscription to watch a B1G game?

This move just smacks of greed, and doesz nothing to advance the profile of the B1G. And it certainly doesn't do any favors for Nebraska fans.
:rolleyes: yep the NFL is probably losing money and prestige playing 1 game a week on Prime. The B1G has always had like 1 game a week that did not make TV. It was just never us. This fills that hole. The casual fan in New Mexico is not watching this game even if it is on BTN . For the record they may not even have an option for BTN. They do have the option for peacock.

Not a question I need to answer. I already have Peacock. But if you decide this is too much for you. Why so much energy complaining? Too me for those of us who are not big baller with donations. It is my way of contributing to our success.

Also not for you but for others asking about the cost vs cable. When I finally ditched Comcast around 10-15 years ago the bill had inched up to $300+. Now i pay $70 to verizon for high speed internet. $6 for hulu [notlive). 20 for disney plus, paramount $10. Peacock $6, Netflix $10. Pri.e is free if you have an amazon prime account for ordering, last but not least. I pay $60 for youtube live. So $186 vs over 300. I do not remember total the exact number that made me quit cable but I think it was $370.

BTW you can also get several free services. They mostly play old movies and tv shows. Pluto, I have a Visio tv so their is vizio free and tubo tv.
I blew out Comcast 8 months because my bill had reached 300 a month which was ridiculous. I went with Frontier fiber with some crazy speed for 80 a month, Youtube and already had Prime. I then subscribed to this service which was 25 bucks for 1 year called IPTV Smarters pro. Now you’ve not going to believe this but I get almost every NFL game, Almost all college games (ACC, PAC12, BIG Ten, SEC and the other conferences) They have all sorts of movie channels, News, Drama, every baseball game, NBA, etc) How do they do it? All the games are live! I have no clue how and it’s also a perfect picture. They show it has 1395 channels again no idea if there are many but there are dozens and dozens of channels. It was kind of tricky and confusing getting it setup but have it now 3 months and it works fine. I think it’s foreign based because they have lots of euro stuff like Soccer leagues, racing, Bike Racing, blah blah blah. My buddy didn’t believe it but it’s real, it works and it cost 25 bucks for a year. lol I’m sure if the NFL could stop it they would but they’ve been around for several years! Here’s a picture of my screen which shows just a tiny portion of what’s on it... lol... I love having ALL NFL games for the entire season for 25 bucks plus all the other stuff. Again I have no idea how they do but I don’t care.
IP SMARTERS.jpg

Last edited:
I blew out Comcast 8 months because my bill had reached 300 a month which was ridiculous. I went with Frontier fiber with some crazy speed for 80 a month, Youtube and already had Prime. I then subscribed to this service which was 25 bucks for 1 year called IPTV Smarters pro. Now you’ve not going to believe this but I get almost every NFL game, Almost all college games (ACC, PAC12, BIG Ten, SEC and the other conferences) They have all sorts of movie channels, News, Drama, every baseball game, NBA, etc) How do they do it? All the games are live! I have no clue how and it’s also a perfect picture. They show it has 1395 channels again no idea if there are many but there are dozens and dozens of channels. It was kind of tricky and confusing getting it setup but have it now 3 months and it works fine. I think it’s foreign based because they have lots of euro stuff like Soccer leagues, racing, Bike Racing, blah blah blah. My buddy didn’t believe it but it’s real, it works and it cost 25 bucks for a year. lol I’m sure if the NFL could stop it they would but they’ve been around for several years! Here’s a picture of my screen which shows just a tiny portion of what’s on it... lol... I love having ALL NFL games for the entire season for 25 bucks plus all the other stuff. Again I have no idea how they do but I don’t care.
View attachment 101764
I have something similar. Every streaming service. Every movie going back to the 70s. Every TV show ever made. Every NFL, NCAA (football, baseball, hockey, basketball), MLB, NBA, NHL, AHL, and MLS game. Every news channel and every local channel in every major city in America. All international TV included as well.

Comes out to about $30/mth

Last edited:
View attachment 101764
When I get back from Vacation I may check it out.

Not a question I need to answer. I already have Peacock. But if you decide this is too much for you. Why so much energy complaining? Too me for those of us who are not big baller with donations. It is my way of contributing to our success.

Also not for you but for others asking about the cost vs cable. When I finally ditched Comcast around 10-15 years ago the bill had inched up to $300+. Now i pay $70 to verizon for high speed internet. $6 for hulu [notlive). 20 for disney plus, paramount $10. Peacock $6, Netflix $10. Pri.e is free if you have an amazon prime account for ordering, last but not least. I pay $60 for youtube live. So $186 vs over 300. I do not remember total the exact number that made me quit cable but I think it was $370.

BTW you can also get several free services. They mostly play old movies and tv shows. Pluto, I have a Visio tv so their is vizio free and tubo tv.
Once again, you don’t get it. It’s not about the $6, or the $1.99.

:rolleyes: yep the NFL is probably losing money and prestige playing 1 game a week on Prime. The B1G has always had like 1 game a week that did not make TV. It was just never us. This fills that hole. The casual fan in New Mexico is not watching this game even if it is on BTN . For the record they may not even have an option for BTN. They do have the option for peacock.
I think BTN has a streaming option as well for $XX/month) you wouldn't need to have your "provider" carry it.

View attachment 101764
I've seen this before it's not exactly on the "up and up" but as you wrote, who cares lol. I'm pretty sure these companies (this isn't this only one) are somehow able to change their IP addresses or some crazy thing to avoid being "caught". Again, who cares as long as it works I guess. There is a reason this seems foreign, because it is.

I think BTN has a streaming option as well for $XX/month) you wouldn't need to have your "provider" carry it.
The BTN+ app does not carry things on TV already. I use it far volleyball games that do not make the cut.

Also it is apples.to bannanas comparison. Peacock has a lot of other things to watch. BTN+ is only sports.

If I'm not mistaken, one of our volleyball games, possibly post season was on Peacock a year or two ago. I signed up then.

Some grumpy people on here. Do most of us not remember listening to nine games a year on the RADIO!? Then there was the pay-per-view era. Travelling to a bar for a watch party (fun, but more demanding schedule wise). Or paying $30 to watch a terrible game?? There will be MAYBE one Nebraska game a year on Peacock. Pay the $6 and then cancel. Or use a seven day free trial if available.

Sorry you have every single game available in HD and are complaining that they aren't also all free. Quit shaking your fists at the sky, people. It costs money to produce these games. It's still cheaper than cable all together and even if it weren't you're getting more than your money's worth. And there are still games you can watch with an antenna.

Some of you are crossing the line to self parody.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back