• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maryland game to be exclusively on Peacock streaming - additional subscription required

I don’t care if it is $100 for one game. It’s the best game day experience you can have. You can do whatever you want up until kickoff; go to gym, do something with the kids, watch other games, mop the floor with the old lady (yes, I own two mops). During the game you get great views, replays and can make everybody stop (hit pause)while you grab another beer or need to recycle a previous one. Food is cheaper, healthier and probably tastes better. TV is terribly underrated.
I think it depends on the experience you want. I always record it to get some of the benefits of what you are saying. But I almost always go tailgating and bar stops. I rarely go to games. Not because it’s not a good experience but because I’ve experienced it enough times and find watching other places is more convenient. Just like you described. We have several TVs set up at our tailgate just outside west stadium in the champions parking lot and it’s only 6 blocks to my favorite cigar bar in haymarket. Rosie’s is often a great place to watch it as the crowd thins a bit during the game. It’s not uncommon I watch 1/2 the game from the tailgate and switch over halftime.

Last week in the cold, we left the stadium at half time, grabbed a hotdog from the tailgate, walked to Cigarz, cut and lit a cigar and were settled in and warm before the second half started. :).

Lol. Only 1.99. Only this, only that, again, where is the end at? Where does this all stop? When is enough, enough?
Not a question I need to answer. I already have Peacock. But if you decide this is too much for you. Why so much energy complaining? Too me for those of us who are not big baller with donations. It is my way of contributing to our success.

Also not for you but for others asking about the cost vs cable. When I finally ditched Comcast around 10-15 years ago the bill had inched up to $300+. Now i pay $70 to verizon for high speed internet. $6 for hulu [notlive). 20 for disney plus, paramount $10. Peacock $6, Netflix $10. Pri.e is free if you have an amazon prime account for ordering, last but not least. I pay $60 for youtube live. So $186 vs over 300. I do not remember total the exact number that made me quit cable but I think it was $370.

BTW you can also get several free services. They mostly play old movies and tv shows. Pluto, I have a Visio tv so their is vizio free and tubo tv.

I remember all too well living in Virginia. I also remember paying $30 or $40 for PPV for certain games.

The problem here is that we've been moving in the right direction for years, only for the conference to now take a step backwards. We went from having 1-2 games per season on TV, to having several games on broadcast/cable TV, to having several games on TV plus several more on PPV, to having every home and conference game on TV, to having every game on TV... to now having to go back to effectively having to buy a game on PPV again.

I'm pretty disappointed in the conference for this move. It's not really about $6... I'm pretty sure my wife throws more than that out the window every day. It's the principle of it all. This was a bad deal, and it makes Big 10 conference games less available to a casual fan.
Exactly.

How does the B1G expect to "build the brand" with this model? What casual fan in New Mexico or Mississippi is going to buy a Peacock subscription to watch a B1G game?

This move just smacks of greed, and does nothing to advance the profile of the B1G. And it certainly doesn't do any favors for Nebraska fans.

Back when I was a kid (teenager) I couldn’t watch more than 2-3 Nebraska games living in upstate NY (maybe a non conference, Black Friday, then a bowl game) so I really relied on my Huskers Illustrated subscription to even know what the hell was happening with the team. And I still have a bunch of those socked away in boxes somewhere. Then a few years later I think there was a guy named Mike(?) who used to type each play into a “web page” before web pages really even existed and I would sit at my old computer with a monitor the size of a tv and “read” the game lol.

I’ll gladly take the options available nowadays.
Believe that was Mike Nolan - still runs an email based Husker List. I read that religiously while stationed all over the damn world.

Exactly.

How does the B1G expect to "build the brand" with this model? What casual fan in New Mexico or Mississippi is going to buy a Peacock subscription to watch a B1G game?

This move just smacks of greed, and does nothing to advance the profile of the B1G. And it certainly doesn't do any favors for Nebraska fans.
The Big can only broadcast so many games. Just like ESPN and FOX. We need to get used to it going forward as the conference grows. Not all the games will be on the main channels. There are only so many slots. In saying that.....there is no doubt that peacock likely is engaging and offering a pretty good deal to get their foot in the door. I suspect that going forward into bigger conferences we will see a peacock or similar station doing a significant number of our games. You can't fit all the games. Especially non-conference when you are trying to televise 18 games. That might explain why they are trying to move more conference games into the traditional non-conference time periods.

I myself will just listen to the game, the more we shell out $6 for 1 game "and yes I can afford it" the more they will do it, then every station will do it and ask you to pay separately. Might as well go back to Cable packages and Satellite. That was the whole Point of streaming.

Last edited:
Maybe it's better if we don't watch every game on TV. I know I'd get a lot more work done.

Just listen to Lyell on the transistor...
Very true but we are all different- for instance, I don't have much to do on the weekends I don't get to see my daughters. The divorced dad thing can be boring and I don't have to do anything at the apartment complex like I used to do at home (leaves, snow, lawn, etc)

Bring on the games.

Believe that was Mike Nolan - still runs an email based Husker List. I read that religiously while stationed all over the damn world.
Yes! Thanks, I couldn't remember his last name. It was funny to read those game casts now that I think back to that

I have all sorts of monthly subscriptions for stuff I only vaguely recall having signed up for and no idea how to cancel. They're like financial barnacles.
So, this is indeed a legitimate issue. I had the same issue, until I downloaded the Rocket Money app (yes I know it's $10 a month) and it told me all of my subscriptions to things I had no memory of and I was able to cancel them (actually the app did it for me).
Worth looking into IMO, the $10 a month seems worth it to me as it also is a great financial app that helps me out quite a bit.

So, this is indeed a legitimate issue. I had the same issue, until I downloaded the Rocket Money app (yes I know it's $10 a month) and it told me all of my subscriptions to things I had no memory of and I was able to cancel them (actually the app did it for me).
Worth looking into IMO, the $10 a month seems worth it to me as it also is a great financial app that helps me out quite a bit.
It cancels the for you? Like any of them? I will check it out. Thanks!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back