• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maryland game to be exclusively on Peacock streaming - additional subscription required

That is a false assumption. Peacock is low on the list of choices. Fox first, then BTN, then NBC/Peacock. If we get back to good. We will never see Peacock again.
I did see Mich first game was on Peacock only. It also shows Ohio St Purdue was on Peacock only.

But my point remains the same. If Peacock sells twice as many subscriptions to Nebr as say Minn or Iowa or someone else, When Peacock is picking a game it's going to say let's take Nebr over Iowa, we'll sell more subscriptions.

I use YouTube TV and have Infinity (Comcast) for our internet service. Infinity gives you a free subscription to Peacock so you may want to check with whoever your internet service is to see if they have a deal like this.
I used to get Peacock free on Cox but not anymore. I spend nearly $300/mo for TV, land line phone and internet and that's enough. Shopping for a different cable/int/ph provider.

That is a false assumption. Peacock is low on the list of choices. Fox first, then BTN, then NBC/Peacock. If we get back to good. We will never see Peacock again.
Peacock already has ND. They aren’t a small company. BTN is much smaller in terms of streaming services. This model is the future of sports unfortunately. ESPN has been threatening this for over a year. It’s coming.

I totally agree that the principle is the point.

But with that said, I’ll still pay the six bucks because I really, really enjoy watching our Huskers… especially this season under HCMR.

Sure… I’ll cancel after the game, and maybe I’ll check out other games/shows that I don’t get on YouTube TV.

I totally agree that the principle is the point.

But with that said, I’ll still pay the six bucks because I really, really enjoy watching our Huskers… especially this season under HCMR.

Sure… I’ll cancel after the game, and maybe I’ll check out other games/shows that I don’t get on YouTube TV.
That's how it works. They suck you in because you "have to" watch the game. Then you find some other good shows on there (which you could have lived without, but hey, by this time it's free to watch them right?), and then...

before you know it, you're broke, jobless , friendless, and living in your own filth.

That's how it works. They suck you in because you "have to" watch the game. Then you find some other good shows on there (which you could have lived without, but hey, by this time it's free to watch them right?), and then...

before you know it, you're broke, jobless , friendless, and living in your own filth.
that's right, all because of 6 bucks,

WOW! You have a vivid imagination

:rolleyes: yep the NFL is probably losing money and prestige playing 1 game a week on Prime.
Amazon has over 200 million subscribers. Peacock doesn't have nearly as many, so it's really not the same thing
The B1G has always had like 1 game a week that did not make TV. It was just never us. This fills that hole.
That's not true. Every non-conference home game and every Big Ten game was televised. The only games that would potentially not be televised were non-conference road games. Those games were under the host school's television contact.
The casual fan in New Mexico is not watching this game even if it is on BTN . For the record they may not even have an option for BTN. They do have the option for peacock.
That's true, their service provider might not offer BTN in their channel lineup. Hell, I'm not even sure that New Mexico has electricity. But the addition of West Coast schools will certainly expand the reach of BTN.

I don't begrudge anyone spending money on Peacock for this game, or for anything else. I just view it as a step backwards, and the conference should have done better.

This will require a subscription of $5.99/mo or $59.99/yr.

It sounds like some games are on both Peacock and NBC, but others are exclusively on Peacock only. This happens to be a Peacock-only game.

I can afford six bucks, but I'm pretty disappointed in this. I already have to pay extra for a TV package that includes BTN, and now this?

I guess these are the deals that help us pay extra on coaching contract buyouts.

I thought joining the Big Ten was supposed to put our games on regular TV. Big Ten Plus has been for other sports but not football. I’m pretty bummed about this. It’s not the $6 pr $7, it’ the fact that this is probably just the start, not a one off.

Last edited:

Early in the season, when I heard we might have two games on NBC, I suspected at least one would be on Peacock. I think this will be an issue for a lot of us who have Husker clubs that host watch parties in public places. It is not just the Peacock subscription at issue. Does the location have reliable internet access (usually public Wi-Fi that every patron accesses)? Are we going to buffer so bad the game becomes unwatchable? Does the location have a distribution system to get the streaming broadcast from a device to their TVs? Does the location, or the club, have a device that can connect to the location's TVs? Here at the Oklahoma Cornhusker Club, we are going to try a dry run test this week to see if any of this is even possible. Anyway, Peacock is an added headache, and expense (small as it is) that Husker clubs don't need. The upside is that if we can make it work, it may be the watch party with our largest attendance this year! Just like the old pay-per-view days! Go B1G RED!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back