• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Looks like these are the alt unis and they are for the Whisky game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to read entire thread... Do we wear these uniforms for just one game-Wisconsin?? If so, what is the point?

Supposedly just the Wisconsin game.........because it's a night game and everyone is supposed to wear their pajamas.

The red pants are about the ugliest things I have ever seen....black would be so much better. These pretty much suck.

Yea, you are right about the red pants... just think how bad it would have been over the last 40 years if nebraska wore red pants in half of their games.... now THAT would have been the ugliest thing I had ever seen! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't want to read entire thread... Do we wear these uniforms for just one game-Wisconsin?? If so, what is the point?

Yes, just Wisconsin.

The point is that we have lots of female fans and fashion conscious male fans out there who want the players to make a fashion statement to the world, even if its ugly as heck. I'm fine with tweaking the unie for something like this...maybe a red helmet with white N...maybe make the N slanted into a lightening bolt, or change it to the N-Huskers symbol--maybe work some black accents in. But, wearing your pajama's is just offensive. No cream, and no scarlet either...not sure where they found that pukish red, but it isn't scarlet.

PS-those Rutgers unies look 100 times better than our alternative unies.

Last edited:

I have to admit that I'm an ol"timer. Traditionalists if you will. I know it's only for one game but it does open up a door for further changes. Like I have said before, nothing ever stays the same. The uniforms, the rules, the game itself. The college game is changing fast and trying to emulate the pro game with every passing year. With all the changes we have gone through the past decade, what's one more huh.

I was hoping to a return to the scrolled rounded numerals of the sixties with a modern twist. We were different than all others then, but I guess that would be considered a throwback to yesterday. It would however be different and unique than all others and it would also be traditional. Nothing ever stays the same in this game and most likely never will, as money rules the game and trumps traditions. Can you imagine what this game will look like 25 years from now? Fifty?

That would be nice also.....I too would like to see that come back to the uniform.

Last edited:
This is way too entertaining, reading how so many are upset about a uniform change for 1 game, which the players (you know the guys who do all the work and play the game) are excited to wear. Win or lose the game, the uniforms will have nothing to do with it.

I think these jerseys will look cool under the lights! GO BIG RED!

Yes, they will.

Yes, just Wisconsin. The point is that we have lots of female fans and fashion conscious male fans out there who want the players to make a fashion statement to the world, even if its ugly as heck. I'm fine with tweaking the unie for something like this...maybe a red helmet with white N...maybe make the N slanted into a lightening bolt, or change it to the N-Huskers symbol--maybe work some black accents in. But, wearing your pajama's is just offensive. No cream, and no scarlet either...not sure where they found that pukish red, but it isn't scarlet. PS-those Rutgers unies look 100 times better than our alternative unies.

Or it could just be that some fans think that the older self proclaimed "traditionalists" have convinced themselves into believing that their opinion is more important than the players who will be putting on the jersey. It's like they don't have a clue when it comes to understanding that all these universities that are throwing out these new unis are doing it more so for the younger generation rather than guys who voted for or against Lyndon B. Johnson. When a new design in the uniform is discussed, the players/coaches are notified about it well before the fans hear about or see a design. 9 times out of ten, those players are excited about it, no matter HOW PROUD OF THE CURRENT UNIFORM THEY ARE. Sometimes it's the players who ask for an additional uniform. Those guys suiting up, sweating blood and tears, every Saturday should have the right to be excited about an alternate uni without fans suggesting that they are disrespecting the tradition because they don't want to look like the will be coming through the tunnel in the same uniforms that Rozier played in.

Appearence holds a little more weight at that age than it does for us guys with a few decades of birthdays under our belt. Tradition evolves. That doesn't mean it changes, just evolves. To evolve is to adapt to the times. I'm pretty sure most on this forum use a cell phone of some kind rather than a rotary phone. They all provide, for the most part, the same features. Some people prefer some types more than others, but they still evolved from people using rotary. It's not changing because it serves the same purpose, but it adapts to the times.. These uniforms are just cell phones for our players.

I'd be okay with the uniforms if the pants were black....and if Ralph Lauren would have designed them they probably would be made in China.

At least we don't have corn cobs on the shoulder pads ala Oregon with the duck feathers.

Red Long Handles4.jpg

Like this? I do.

I'd be okay with the uniforms if the pants were black....and if Ralph Lauren would have designed them they probably would be made in China.

At least we don't have corn cobs on the shoulder pads ala Oregon with the duck feathers.

What if he had them made in Wisconsin...:lol:

And yea, this uniform could look a lot worse, so I'm satisfied with it. I remember many wanting a "corn cob" helmet......

[video=youtube;hAOfNEBZbE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAOfNEBZbE4[/video]

This is why you do it. And I have zero doubt the Nebraska players would have reacted the same way had the reveal been done similarly. They players enjoy it. Why is that so hard to understand? Tradition doesn't die by wearing an "alternate" uniform 1 out of 13 or 14 games. If it does they tradition was pretty weak to begin with.

And then there's the practical part. Adidas pays NU a lot of money (cash and equipment) to UNL and they do it for a reason. To make money. And to sell product...which both NU and Adidas will benefit from. Don't like it...don't buy it. Refuse to do an alternate uniform...that's cool...be prepared to take less money for your shoe/apparel contract. Don't forget...someone's gotta pay these coaches their millions.

Last edited:

[video=youtube;hAOfNEBZbE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAOfNEBZbE4[/video]

This is why you do it. And I have zero doubt the Nebraska players would have reacted the same way had the reveal been done similarly. They players enjoy it. Why is that so hard to understand? Tradition doesn't die by wearing an "alternate" uniform 1 out of 13 or 14 games. If it does they tradition was pretty weak to begin with.

And then there's the practical part. Adidas pays NU a lot of money (cash and equipment) to UNL and they do it for a reason. To make money. And to sell product...which both NU and Adidas will benefit from. Don't like it...don't buy it. Refuse to do an alternate uniform...that's cool...be prepared to take less money for your shoe/apparel contract. Don't forget...someone's gotta pay these coaches their millions.

Judging from the comments I herd from the players, they love them, and that is all that really matters to me.

Thank you. Interesting comments on this page. I at first thought the pajama thing was a joke. I like the traditional uniforms....I'm going on 38. The new uniforms can't hurt once a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back