• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Looks like these are the alt unis and they are for the Whisky game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody ask for black pants? I tried a two-tone carbon/black color scheme with scarlet trim.

nu2.jpg

This is a better look than the all reds, and it's an extreme jump from the traditional. Take the white, make it black, put on a big N. Good enough.

I am a bit of a traditionalist but I am ok with this for one game, the kids want to wear them so who cares.

My greatest fear is that NU will beat the snot out of Wisconsin and then the outcry will be that these become our permanent unis. ;)

The uniforms look nothing like Texas Tech's. Quite crying. Just because we add black then we automatically look like a team. What about San Diego St, or Northern Illinois, Cincinnati, Georgia, New Mexico St., Louisville........we look like them too because they wear a combination of the same colors...

Even if we don't add black we would still look like Indiana, Wisconsin, Miami (OH), Ball St, Temple, Stanford..........

If they main objective was to be "different" then I'm sure the would have threw in Monkey Tan and Electric Green combinations..... This is simply to gain more revenue for the university and give the current players, recruits, prospects, etc...something to look forward to and/or be excited about for a game or two every season.

I'm sure Texas Tech can careless if we had purple added to our uniform......Some fans come up with the silliest complains rather than just saying "I don't like the uniform".
I did say I don't like the uniform. Personal opinion, but to me, it's ugly.
Maybe if we had a history of being really good in that uniform, I'd like it better, but our great teams were in red and white with white helmets.

I have to admit that I'm an ol"timer. Traditionalists if you will. I know it's only for one game but it does open up a door for further changes. Like I have said before, nothing ever stays the same. The uniforms, the rules, the game itself. The college game is changing fast and trying to emulate the pro game with every passing year. With all the changes we have gone through the past decade, what's one more huh.

I was hoping to a return to the scrolled rounded numerals of the sixties with a modern twist. We were different than all others then, but I guess that would be considered a throwback to yesterday. It would however be different and unique than all others and it would also be traditional. Nothing ever stays the same in this game and most likely never will, as money rules the game and trumps traditions. Can you imagine what this game will look like 25 years from now? Fifty?

I have to admit that I'm an ol"timer. Traditionalists if you will. I know it's only for one game but it does open up a door for further changes. Like I have said before, nothing ever stays the same. The uniforms, the rules, the game itself. The college game is changing fast and trying to emulate the pro game with every passing year. With all the changes we have gone through the past decade, what's one more huh.

I was hoping to a return to the scrolled rounded numerals of the sixties with a modern twist. We were different than all others then, but I guess that would be considered a throwback to yesterday. It would however be different and unique than all others and it would also be traditional. Nothing ever stays the same in this game and most likely never will, as money rules the game and trumps traditions. Can you imagine what this game will look like 25 years from now? Fifty?

I agree that would have been sweet.

My greatest fear is that NU will beat the snot out of Wisconsin and then the outcry will be that these become our permanent unis. ;)

Gee, I was kind of hoping to beat the snot out of Wisconsin. Let's cross that bridge when we come to it. :Biggrin:

Last edited:
This is way too entertaining, reading how so many are upset about a uniform change for 1 game, which the players (you know the guys who do all the work and play the game) are excited to wear. Win or lose the game, the uniforms will have nothing to do with it.

I think these jerseys will look cool under the lights! GO BIG RED!

This is way too entertaining, reading how so many are upset about a uniform change for 1 game, which the players (you know the guys who do all the work and play the game) are excited to wear. Win or lose the game, the uniforms will have nothing to do with it.

I think these jerseys will look cool under the lights! GO BIG RED!

It's a discussion board, no? We express opinions here. Yours is no better than anyone else's. Who's upset? Who pays for the University and ultimately the uni's?

FWIW, I don't mind the jerseys. But if someone does why denigrate them?

I don't want to read entire thread... Do we wear these uniforms for just one game-Wisconsin?? If so, what is the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back